Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Shotgun Scopes

Old 12-30-2005, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Shotgun Scopes

I was at Bass Pro the other day looking at shotgun scopes. I just wanted some opinions before I made a decision. It will be used for deer hunting only. I liked the Bushnell's with the Firefly reticle when I looked at them. I currently use fiber optic Tru Glo sights. I shoot a Remington 870 Express with a rifled barrel. I don't want to spend over $200. Thanks.
Old 12-30-2005, 06:48 PM

Default RE: Shotgun Scopes

I use a bushnell banner 1-4x on my winchester pump and have been happy with it. Good clarity for the price. It was under $100 at Bass Pro.

KEJ
Old 12-30-2005, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ChazyKEJ

I use a bushnell banner 1-4x on my winchester pump and have been happy with it. Good clarity for the price. It was under $100 at Bass Pro.

KEJ
How does it do in foggy conditions or during low light?
Old 12-30-2005, 07:38 PM

It's the circle-x shotgun version. Took a while to get used to, but it gets you on target quick. You can also get a Multi-X reticle. It worksquitewell at low light, especiallyconsidering the price. I had some visibility issues one morning with light mist coming down over melting snow, but I think you'd be hard pressed to find a scope that doesn't. Bass pro should have dozens of scopes. Just have the sales guy show you a whole bunch to compare for clarity and ease of use. I like the fast focus feature of the bushnells. It's not the best out there, but good for the price. The higher end bushnell scopes should be just as good, but I have no experience with them.

KEJ
Old 01-04-2006, 08:34 PM
Typical Buck

THE BUSHNELL TROPHY 1.75-4X32 IS WHAT I HAVE ON ALL THREE OF MY SLUG GUNS. LOVE IT AND HAVE NEVER HAD THEM FOG UP
Old 01-04-2006, 11:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: duckdog132

THE BUSHNELL TROPHY 1.75-4X32 IS WHAT I HAVE ON ALL THREE OF MY SLUG GUNS. LOVE IT AND HAVE NEVER HAD THEM FOG UP
This year, I put on of those on my Marlin 30-30.The circle X seemed a little weird at first, but I shot 3 deer with it in November. I don't see how you can miss a deer. Just put the circle on the deer, and it is just too easy. It seems to be a perfect set up for the Marlin, and I am sure you would be happy with it on a shotgun.

I'm sorry, after reading your post again, mine is a 1.75-4 32 Banner not a trophy. Hence the edit.

C. Davis
Old 01-05-2006, 06:35 AM

I have a Bushnell Banner 3x9x40 with the circle on my muzzleloader and love it. I wish I would have found it before I put the standard crosshair banner on my shotgun. Both scopes are excellent, no problems in rain or fog. When I got mine they were going for about 89-99 dollars.
Old 01-05-2006, 08:41 AM
Dominant Buck

Shotgunworld.com - Product Reviews
Old 01-05-2006, 12:20 PM
Typical Buck

i dont think there is much if any difference between the banner and the trophy. looked through both and they look exactly alike. same circle and everything
Old 01-05-2006, 01:29 PM
Spike

You can get a Leupold VX-1 3-9x40 for $200 I believe. I have one of these on my shotgun and wouldn't complain one bit. It's very veryclear, has a lifetime warranty that is transferrable (You could give it to your son/daughter and still have the lifetime warranty), and you can order from Cableas or Bass Pro. I would definitely recommend a Leupold for your combo. You won't be sorry.

Quick Reply: Shotgun Scopes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.