Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

weatherby 30-378

Old 12-18-2005, 12:29 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: weatherby 30-378

No barrel problems yet. I make sure I don't overshoot the gun at the range. 3 shots and the gun is set aside to cool.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:29 PM

You guys should take a look at this site and chcek out the 7mm Allan Mag.
I wish that I could affor done of these babys. According to th estats and more than a few guys that bought them-they will kill elk cleanly at 1000yds plus.
It shoots the 200 gr bullet at a muzzle velocity of 2150 and up a little more. At 1000yds it still has a muzzle velocity of 2100fps and 200footlbs of energy. A couple of pictures of it are posted. Just look for posts by fifty driver and you can find the info on this great rifle.
I'll never be able to affor done, but maye someone here can and I believe -if everything they say about it is trus-it is the best long range rifle out ther.
Fifty driver is a gunsmith out of Montana and a couple of the others are too. They know what they are talking about..
Not trying to send an yof our guys here awayas this seems to be a real good site.
I'm a disabled -beat up guywho can still totter back an old timbe rroad to a feild i have bveen huntin gfor 12 yrs. I need something that will shoot alittle farther than my 7mag and stumbled upon this place by accident, like I did here.
I hope I don't offend the powers that be here by telling you all abiout this rifle- I hope to become a regular here and to be a part of your site.
let meknow what you guys think of the 7mm AM.
Take care:
Leep Out:
Old 01-05-2006, 09:40 PM

http://longrangehunting.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php
I guess i should have put the site up. sorry.
Man sometimes i need a keeper.
And from the earlier post-forgive the mistakes. I meant 3100-3250fps at the muzzle and at 1000yds it still has a velocity of 2100fps and 2000lbs of energy. Incredible:
Sorry for the poor post. Too much pain and too fast typing.
Let us know if anyone gets one of these rifles. Least if i can't afford one I can see how they do for someone else.
Take care:
Leep Out:
Old 01-05-2006, 10:01 PM

I don't really care for the weatherby's I don't see the usefulness of the advantage when offset by the price. Even without the price issue I wouldn't be a big fan. Leep I couldn't find the info on your 7mm AM but from the ballistics you posted I'm sceptical. It may be a dream, but sounds like it will suffer the same grievences with me that the weatherbys do (mind you I'm not all against some of the smaller weatherbys) For longer ranges you might set on up to the 300 winmag. I'll be honest, I can't dream of 1000m shooting...I actually can't dream of 500m shooting at anything other than paper. If you're capable of such shooting, great! But even trained hard-core military sniper don't make light of a 1000m shot...and that's there business, livelyhood, education and LIFES on the line. I suggest the 300 winmag not because it'll shoot flatter but because it will "buck the wind" a little better. Gravity is constant and predictable wind isn't and people who have any business shooting long (which you may be) should be only concerned with wind and if there's enough power available once it gets there.
Old 01-06-2006, 04:02 PM

Man everytime i try to copy and paste the url it wont give me that option-I even tried to copy and paste a response thet Kirby Allan made to a gentleman looking to build a1000yd rifle-Hmm I'm gonna try something else wait a sec... The best I can do i spost this url again and type in posts by Kirby Allan or fifty driver and look for the guy who wants to build a long range rifle..This is the real deal as i have emailed Kirby and received personal information on price and stats.
It will take a little work to find the thread but it is worth the trouble.
http://lomgrangehunting.com/ubbthreads.php

Take care.
Leep Out: