Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Benelli Nova

Old 11-02-2005, 01:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Benelli Nova

Bob,

Great gun. I have owned mine for 4 years and I love it from goose, pheasants, ducks and i just bought a cant mount fully rifled slug barrel.Shop around for adealer, I got that barrel for$184.Looking forward to trying it out next week. The rattle can be fixed but how often are we playing the drums on the pump. It does not rattle when your hands are on it, only when you shake it. You can't go wrong with this gun.
Old 11-05-2005, 12:49 AM

Not that it bothers me all that much but I decided to go ahead and tighten the allen screws everyone has talked about. My question is did anyone else find that the action got stiffer at the end of the pull. I noticed it was quiet stiff in the last little bit while pulling the forearm back? I am not even sure if there is much going on at the time in the cycle, in other words if you always stopped at that point I think the action would still function just fine I just noticed it didn't seem as free flowing as it was before, infact I loosed it a bit in an attempt to find a happy middle ground but now I don't thing it has taken much of the rattle out.

by the way if this post is a little hard to follow that is my falt it is late and I need to get up and go hunting in the morning and with that said I will stop rambeling and go to bed!

Old 11-05-2005, 04:37 PM

I have owned for a couple years and have no problems, love the feel and reliability of the gun, but i also love the 870, both are great guns i think
Old 11-14-2005, 07:59 PM

Still bought on Benelli products, I prefered the feel over Rem. 870 and Mossbergs.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:57 PM
Fork Horn

I had mine for three years and i hunt duck, goose, and turkey and i have put this gun through absolute hell!!!!!! NEVER jammed up or anything!! you just cant go wrong with a nova.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:18 PM

me and my roommate both have one and have had it for several years....his is black and mine is camo. Awesome gun all around but it just depends on what you want this gun for....if its just for hunting than go no further cause this is it, an awesome functional hunting gun; whereas, many other pump shotguns are more geared towards beginners and less performance i think. ive shot 870's and bps's and500's and they just dont have a great feel about them like this gun. but on the other side if u are wanting to impress your buddies witha shiny shotgun then this is probably not it
Old 11-16-2005, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought one the first year they came out for a waterfowl gun. I soon realized I couldn't hit anything with it, so I patterned it and found that the one piece stock didn't fit me, and it shot a foot high and a foot right. I quickly traded it off on a Benelli M1 Super 90, and have never looked back.

They are a good gun though, I have alot of friends that beat the crap out of them and they keep shooting.
Old 11-18-2005, 02:28 PM
Fork Horn

I've had my nova for about 2yrs now and think its a great gun its performed flawless for me and it fits me good, I also added the mercury recoil reducer which makes a difference. Also you can get a cantalever rifled barrel for 150-200.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:17 PM
Typical Buck

Default stock shims

You realize Benelli makes stock shims to change you Nova's pitch and shooting angle ?standard in the Super Nova model...........Harold