Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 Benelli Super Black Eagle 2 >

Benelli Super Black Eagle 2

Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Benelli Super Black Eagle 2

Old 10-08-2005, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Benelli Super Black Eagle 2

Do u guys think that the super black eagle 2 is worth its price

Old 10-08-2005, 03:58 PM

Default RE: Benelli Super Black Eagle 2

My friend has one andhe says absolutely its worth the money. One of my grandpas hunting buddies got a new one with comfortech, crio-choke, etc. and its sweet. He says compared to the SBE without comfortech theres a huge difference.
Old 10-08-2005, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't have one but it would be my choice if I could find the money. Everybody who I have talked to who own them have put them through hell and back and they keep on working apparently.
Old 10-09-2005, 08:24 PM
Fork Horn

The SBE are very good guns. They are light in weight,balance well, are well made, are reliable, easy to clean, and have a lot of features. The SBE II is a slight improvement ove the first SBE. It has a bigger trigger gaurd and an improved recoil tube and assembly. Don't look for any recoil reduction from the ComforTech because it's not there. The removeable soft comb is a nice feature and could help some with face slap.

It depends on each person lying down the green to determine weather or not it's worth it. There are a lot of great 3 1/2" semi auto's produced today. Finding the one that works the best for you is worth every penny.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:55 PM
Typical Buck

I have had an SBE II with comfortech since the begining of september and I would not own any other semi auto. The comfortech does reduce recoil and it does not have a heavy mercury recoil reducer. I bought the slug barrel for it but I am having trouble with scope mounts. The weaver ones stated in the book wont work. My dad and one of my friends have the same guns and they both say it reduces recoil also and they really like it.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:44 PM
Fork Horn

Myself and five others did a side by side test with a SBE and a SBE II with ComforTech. We shot five different loads that ranged from 2 3/4" 1oz 3 1/4dram (1,290fps) to 3 1/2" 1 3/8 oz at 1,550fps. None of us noted any difference in perceived recoil between the two. Both guns had 28" barrels and had the same choke constrictions. Neither SBE cycled the 1oz loads consistently. All of the other loads cycled fine and both guns shot very good. As more people get the SBE II after owning the first SBE they are reporting the same findings as I experinced. The soft comb can help some with face slap which for them is less felt recoil. Otherwise, the ComforTech has more to do with marketing and gun sales than recoil reduction.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:12 PM
Typical Buck

I have an M2 and I like it plenty. The recoil is diminished greatly from the old winchester I was shooting. Other than the ability to shoot 3 and a half's what is the difference between my M2 and the SBE?
EJ
Old 10-12-2005, 05:18 AM
Fork Horn

The biggest differences between the SBE II and M2 is the chamber length. They also have different trigger groups and receivers. These models have a similar fit and feel. It's mostly do to shared parts like the stocks, forearms, magazine tubes and assemblies, and ribs.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:19 AM
Fork Horn

I hear all the talk about the SBE II & it is a nice gun (2 of my friends have them) but put it next to the Cordoba& in my eyes it does not compare unless you have to shoot 3.5 mags. The Cordoba holds 5 shells, factory ported, exteneded chokes& a full length Crio barrel (not just the choke). It sucks they do not offer it in Camo, but the gun has a better feel than the SBE to me. It is a few dollars more thought.
Old 10-16-2005, 10:10 PM
Typical Buck

The barrel on the SBE II is Crio also.I just shot my SBE II with my slug barrel and I shot a 1.5" 3 shot group at 100 yards and a 2" 5 shot group at 100 yards with the Federal 2 3/4" 3/4oz (Barnes Expanders). I am sure the rifle is more accurate than I am.

Quick Reply: Benelli Super Black Eagle 2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.