Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 Remington Managed Recoil Amo ? >

Remington Managed Recoil Amo ?

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Remington Managed Recoil Amo ?

Old 08-08-2005, 08:20 AM
Super Moderator

Default Remington Managed Recoil Amo ?

Has any one shoot the new, Remington Mangaded Recoil Ammo ?

And what do you think of such a thing ?
Do you think it is as good as regular ammo ?

Thank You

http://search.netscape.com/ns/boomframe.jsp?query=remington+managed+recoil&p age=1&offset=0&result_url=redir%3Fsrc%3Dwe bsearch%26requestId%3D57b51479e4e52055%26clickedIt emRank%3D1%26userQuery%3Dremington%2Bmanaged%2Brec oil%26clickedItemURN%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.remi ngton.com%252Fammo%252Fcenterfire%252Fmanaged_reco il.htm%26invocationType%3D-%26fromPage%3DNSCPTop%26amp%3BampTest%3D1&remo ve_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.remington.com%2Fammo%2Fcen terfire%2Fmanaged_recoil.htm
Old 08-08-2005, 09:07 AM

Default RE: Remington Managed Recoil Amo ?

I shot a box of .30-06 recently. Recoil was about like a .30-30--in other words, not bad at all. 40 rounds of full-power .30-06 will give my shoulder a bruise, but I think I could shoot the Managed Recoil stuff all daywith no problem.

Impact on the targetwas a little high compared to full-power loads.

I plan to use it this season on a deer hunt.
Old 08-08-2005, 01:03 PM

Managed recoil,well they are just downloading the cartridge. Which in turns takes away from its orginal capabilites that it was designed for. If the recoil is too much for you,put a recoil pad on the gun,or go to a different cal.Its not fair to you to be shooting any caliber that one has to shoot recoil reduced loads. Its like driving your car with the brakes on. As far a the bullet impact is higher on your target its because your load is reduced and the bullet is in a more arcing plane to reach the target at that distance. vangunsmith
Old 08-08-2005, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot the .270 out two 200 yards they are great they lower the bullet weight and use a diff. powder the ballistic are about the same to 200 yards I droped 2 deer last yearone at 110 yards and one at 160 yards the one at 160 yards drop in its tracks. great round and your shoulder does not pay the price.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:00 PM
Typical Buck

The only reason I see to use these would be if you were going to buy your kid a new rifle like a 30-06 so that it canhunt anything he wants with it when he grows into it, but you don't want him to get recoil shy when he is just starting. If you just don't like recoil you are better off going to a .260, 7x57/7-08 range caliber for reduced recoil.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:01 PM

As long as these rounds are accurate through your rifle....and as long as you don't exceed a reasonable killing range for the animals you hunt (as the managed recoil cartridges do not provide as much impact energy as standard rounds)....then why not ? If you find them more pleasant to shoot - go ahead. Personally, I tailor the loads for my rifle(s) to meet my specific needs...while being easy on the equipment and my shoulder. That is all the "managed recoil" rounds are about. If you like them...use them - no matter what anyone says.

Old 08-08-2005, 09:45 PM

As long as these rounds are accurate through your rifle....and as long as you don't exceed a reasonable killing range for the animals you hunt..... If you like them...use them - no matter what anyone says.
What he said!

Old 08-09-2005, 01:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

I am kind of in 2 camps on this one.

First if recoil is causing a problem maybe it is the problem! You don't fix problems by putting bandaids on them...so if this is the case I would look at either modify the rifle or switching to cartridge that is more pleasant to your shoulder. I have had several shoulder surgeries and will live with complication/pain for the rest of my life. I tried to be "The Man" and keep up with the heavy bangers but it did nothing for me or my hunting to do so. I basically started over and have worked up somewhat but still can not handle a range session with a stout recoiler unless it is equipped with muzzlebrake or a overly heavy rig...something I will not consider for hunting. I have found the single biggest key to my hunting success is confidence. This confidence is directly related to my abilities, knowing my equipment and be proficent with that equipment..aka Practice so flinching, aching, squiting does nothing to lend itself to this facet. Which leads into the second camp, if you are able to find a reduced load that shoots well and fits within your situation (ie: 200 yards or under shots)..then it will breed confidence and work just fine. Afterall you know your equipment, ability and intended use. Also another factis few hunters ever will use or reach the full potential of their tools! A lot of this relates to ability but some also hunt areas where a 200 yard shot is considered a occasion todial 1before the trigger is pulled.

Basically it boils down to what works best for you. It is an individual sport and the only one that has to be satisfied is the YOU!

Best of luck
Old 08-09-2005, 07:29 AM
Typical Buck

Outside of starting a kid shooting if your thinking the 30-06 is too much recoil shoot a 308. I mean outside of target shooting what's the point?
Old 08-09-2005, 07:44 AM
Super Moderator

Outside of starting a kid shooting if your thinking the 30-06 is too much recoil shoot a 308. I mean outside of target shooting what's the point?
The 308 is what I have decided to get for deer.
And I can get mill ammo cheap to shoot targets.

This post is just to see what every,
One thinks of the remington managed recoil ammo.

Thank You

Quick Reply: Remington Managed Recoil Amo ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.