Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

winchester 1300

Old 07-26-2005, 12:54 PM

Default winchester 1300

yes the winchester 1300 my all around shotgun. let me start by saying this gun is a all around gun. Its my pheasant, deer, turkey, and waterfowl gun. I use a smooth barrel that execpts 2 3/4-3 inch shell, right now i have rifle sights, but may be gettin a scope for deer. Just like every other gun it needs to be oiled well to keep the gun in the best condition it can be in. also i have never really had any promblem with shell jamming in the chamber and the kick is not a promblem either. all im really sayin is a great pump gun from winchester. if you have any other insight plz let me hear it.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:06 PM

Default RE: winchester 1300

The lil pumpgun that could (and does, will and continues too!). When I was a teenager the long skinny box under the tree one year had a then new too the market, 1300 featherweight. Winchokes were new and with its' lil 21" barrel, it handled like a dream. I have sent many a doves, turkeys and ducks too the great beyond with it. Because it was a great all around gun, I used it quit a bit for several years until I got older and other guns found there way into my collection. It still looks like brand new (it was covered for over 15 years with GunChaps and camotape) and I recently cleaned it all off and spitshined her up and even I was amazed with it's like new condition.

I now look forward too it being my kids first turkey gun in a few short years because of its compactness and lightweight!
RA
Old 07-26-2005, 03:42 PM
Typical Buck

win 1300,

I own two of them, never a problem, and love the one I have in a turkey gun version.

dog1
Old 07-26-2005, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I gave one to a kid 15 years ago...youth model 20 Ga...he got a new stock for it and still shoots it. It's an excellent and very highly overlooked shotgun.

Personally I still like the Ithaca 37 for a pump shotgun but the 1300 from Winchester is also a fine gun.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

This will be the second season that I’ll be using my Winchester 1300 Black Shadow for deer hunting and I have no complaints. Does the job. Now I just have to do mine.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:02 PM

As you stated good maintenance is the key to any firearm.You take care of it and it will take care of you.The majority of gun problems are from lack of maintenance,then comes gun design. No gun is perfect in design. Some are better than others. The win.model 12 was a real liked shotgun,and got its following from trap shooter in the early 1900,s and the following carried into the field,especially water fowl hunting.When they worked they worked great,but they had flaws also.Look at it this way,when you have fewer moving parts,then is less chance for malfunction.Glad your happy with your win.and im sure you will have many pjleasurable daays in the field with it! vangunsmith
Old 08-03-2005, 06:38 PM
Typical Buck

Now I have a winchester 1500 XTR European, it is a semi auto. It shoots awesome! But, It does have a tendency to jam if you dont clean the b-jezis out of it after every time you shoot it. A beautiful gun, pretty rare too as I remember. The 120 20ga pump I had would toss out a shell every now and again. But real reliable. Both of these have gotten a rest since I got my benelli M2. EJ
Old 08-04-2005, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a 1300 in the NWTF model,great shotgun...
Old 08-04-2005, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used to have a 1300 featherweight with the 21" barrel. Should have never sold that gun, great little gun.
Old 08-16-2005, 03:02 PM
Dominant Buck

I have a 20 gauge 1300 and it has to be one of the best little shotguns I ever owned. Years ago a friend of mine had the same shotgun in 12 gauge and me made the mistake of letting me shoot it. Needless to say I was impressed. I was in a Wal Mart one afternoon and there it was, this little 20 gauge. Well the price was right and I brought it home. I like to use the full choke and use it for small game. Talk about a tight pattern!! I really think I could turkey hunt with the thing, but I have a different shotgun for that...

Great little gun.

Quick Reply: winchester 1300

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.