Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Feedback
 Top: Gun Scams >

Top: Gun Scams

Feedback Exchange information about your transactions, both positive and negative.

Top: Gun Scams

Old 12-22-2004, 03:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default Top: Gun Scams

I've had several emails wanting guns I have advertised, all buyers have been from different countires, UK, Nigeria, Africa, etc.. These buyers want to send you a cashiers check, and they will have someone pick up the gun. It is a scam, their cashier checks are no good. So please beware of this, I've basicaly limited my sale to U.S only, Cash, Money Order or Paypal, and it will only be shipped once it is paid, and money is in hand. I just thought I would warn all that might be selling.
Old 01-23-2005, 07:36 AM

Default RE: Top: Gun Scams

I have had the same thing! I just tell them that I only ship to the U.S.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:59 AM
Typical Buck

Had the same thing happen, the guy claimed he was working for some oil company in South America. He even wanted to make the Money order for an extra hundred!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-21-2005, 06:44 AM

Just happened again! I told them as soon as the money clears at the bank, they can pick up the gun! Never heard anymore about it!
Old 05-19-2005, 10:14 AM

There is one that is popping up on Gunbroker - someone will copy a photo of a gun for sale and post the same gun/photo for sale. You send money and get nothing.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

ok here is my two cents on this i own a watercraft shop i had a guy in nigrea wont to buy a 1100 engine wonted to send me a cashier check for 48 and me western union him the diff to his shipping compene and they would pick it up i send ok well he never asked what shape it was in or how rebuilt it three months later i get a check for 4800 that was over night from chicgo i cash it a week later i have the bank people ringing my door bell the check was wash after 6 months of getting phone calls from the state police the bank and the fbi with all them thinking i had washed the check it got worked out

so i would not take any check at even hints at being shady and from what i understand you must have an export import licence to even get a gun imported to any country
trust me you do not wont the feds looking at you for check fraud now amont of money is worth it
Old 01-29-2006, 01:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

bigtim ouch that would have sucked, to bad that was reality and not just a hypathetical scenario. yea watch out for that stuff i get people trying to scam me on yahoo all the time.
Old 01-07-2007, 05:56 PM
Typical Buck

[&o]
Old 02-20-2008, 03:46 PM

Seen It Myself had a young lady sell 2 Brownings an the cashiers checks were bogus
Old 05-17-2009, 01:08 PM
Fork Horn

bigtime ......U got a offer to take a $4800 check for an $1100 engine and you send him the rest?? and U didn't think it was bogus???why not just send a check for the $1100????? damn he almost got U LOL!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Top: Gun Scams

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.