HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - T-Minus 72 hours...
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 10:22 PM
Matt/TN
Giant Nontypical

Default T-Minus 72 hours...

In T-Minus 72 hours I'll be on my way to Illinois for the Metropolis ASA. . It's about a 6hour drive from here.

I'm really excited about the shoot, but I'm more excited to ride around looking at deer during the night. I'm expecting to see some bruisers so you Illinois guys better not dissappoint me! [8D]

I'm staying in Paduca (sp?), KY. If anyone is close, and would like to have dinner or something, I'm willing to atleast meet up with someone. It'll just be me and a buddy up there.

On a serious note, this is my second ASA, and I've put more time and effort in the last 2 weeks than I have my whole time shooting. I usually shoot a lot as it is, but these past two weeks, it's been a lot more. I've EASILY shot 500+ arrows in the last 7 days. I've also spent upwards of 4 hours judging yardage. I've had orange cones, and everything out, just practicing the yardage, everyway I can. I hope the work pays off, and I'm sure I'll keep you guys up to date. I'll have my laptop with me.

But I'm expecting to see some deer! I'm also taking my camera, I'll have plenty of pictures to share Monday.

If anyone is in the nearby area and wants to meet up be sure to PM me and I'll do my best to meet up with someone. I'm going to be at the mercy of my buddy though, he's driving.