Community
Enhancement Request / Wish List Please post any enhancement requests here. We will review them all, but please understand that we may or may not be able to include them in future releases.

Merge Some Forums

Old 08-07-2009, 10:17 AM
Spike

Default Merge Some Forums

There are wayyy to many forums here. There really doesn't need to be so many on the main forum page. It is annoying to have to scroll through so many, and sometimes I have to bring my compass here so I don't get lost in all of them .

The General forums seem good, not too many. No complaints here.

The Archery forums can be combined to 4 forums (from 7): Traditional, Crossbow, Bowfishing, Archery (this really doesn't have much interest at all and could be merged with the Traditional one). Gear subforums could be added to each forum, and technical help would be forum specific. Most of those forums get a thread a day there (or less), so it would be good to get 10+ threads a day in the same forum to get more discussion.

Also, the classifieds section can be trimmed to 6 (down from 14!): Hunting, Archery, Guns, Land for Sale, Hunts (Outfitters and Swap-a-hunt can be subforums), Fishing, and Misc. The collectibles, automotive, misc, feedback, are lucky to get a post a day in there. I would make generous use of the subforums to combine all these different forums.

The Firearms section can have 1 main forum (which is fairly busy), with 3 subforums (Reviews, Reloading, Black Powder). This can be added to the General section.

After the Hunt can be combined w/ non-topic forums (not merged, just the two sections be combined so they aren't split up in the list).

That would free up a minimum of 12 forums, not including the page space that would be saved be combining the firearms w/ the General section and the After the Hunt w/ Off Topic. If you continue to split up the forums like this, you cut off your users from others b/c cross bow people may not go into the traditional forums, and vice versa. This limits the amount of knowledge available to the users and really divides your user base up. Merge some forums together and let people meet their neighbors .

Just my 2 cents,

Last edited by AGRTigers560; 08-07-2009 at 11:34 AM.