Community
Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

Crossbows ?

Old 01-30-2005, 04:02 PM

Default Crossbows ?

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how i go about applying for help in getting a donated crossbow? I'm a disabled veteran who loves to bow hunt but no longer able to. Being on a set income there is just no way i can afford one. I hear BADF has a program for helping disabled hunters obtain crossbows but i can't seem to find any more about it. I'm not able to hunt in the cold weather and a crossbow would allow me to hunt the early season. I would greatly appriciate any help you could give me...SEE Ya In The Woods !!
Old 01-30-2005, 06:24 PM

Default RE: Crossbows ?

Hey Joe , TRy the buckmasters site. www.buckmaster.com . join up with that site and get a email to Dave Sullivon he is the guy to talk to about getting info on the x bow stuff . bigkentk
Old 01-31-2005, 06:53 AM

Thanks bigkentk , Will do. Thanks for the help.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:57 PM

I just got an email from the Buckmasters B.A.D.F. advising me on the possibility of some donated crossbows by Horton so get your apps in quickly. Jimmy
Old 02-02-2005, 10:30 PM
Typical Buck

Washington state does not allow crossbows. They don't allow much. Only dog hunting you can do is with birds, no coon, bear, cougar hunting, etc. even though we are now having bear and cougar problems. They don't do much with HC either. There is only a special elk hunt that has a huge amount of applications, all others must use regular season. No hunters can help you, no skinning, gutting, carrying, etc. unless they have a permit to help you. Go figure.
Old 02-05-2005, 07:35 AM

Man that sucks but its kind of like most of society they will try to help with things you need for survival but anything else your on your own. Jimmy
Old 03-06-2005, 06:47 PM

I am new to the group and just wanted to say Howdy to everyone i'am totaly blind hunter in my State of Oklahoma. would like to ask if there is any persons here from Oklahoma that are disable i live in the S.W.Part of Oklahoma. sounds like there are a lot of good people in this site doing good things for others.
Old 03-07-2005, 04:55 PM

Hey there Cowboy, glad to have you aboard . Yeah there is some real good people here. Hope you keep in touch.
Old 03-07-2005, 11:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I received a email from buckmasters a few weeks back about the crossbow distrubution but unfortuniately i deleted the email because i was going to forward it to u. drop a line to david sullivan at [email protected] at he will send u the email if the drawing isnt already up. 2yrs ago i entered in the drawing and won a horton supermag that i use to hunt with. i have been on 2 disabled hunts with buckmasters they are a GREAT orginaziation and do everything they can to help disabled hunters. Best of luck in getting a crossbow they are a blast to shoot and a real deer killer!
Old 03-08-2005, 07:05 AM

10 - 4 Deerslayer, Thanks.

Quick Reply: Crossbows ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.