Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Disabled Hunters
 New to the site >

New to the site

Community
Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

New to the site

Old 12-21-2004, 11:55 AM

Default New to the site

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to stop by and say Hi. I am 39 years old and have been physically disabled since a year after highshool. I have similar effects of that of a stroke due to radiation treatment for a benine (sp) brain tumor. I was very active in highschool sports then bam, I couldn't get ot of a chair without help.

I am blessed that this hit me at a very early age and that my personality is one of "Iam going to kick it's A**" I have functional use of my right arm only and walk with a severe drop foot on my left side. Although I make a lot of noise in the woods, I enjoy deer and turkey hunting. I use a Barnett crossbow, a remington 30-06and a baikal MP153 for turkey.

I read a post earlier with regards to a gun rest for a wheelchair, Try PVC pipe, you can make a lot of stuff out of that and it is cheap, just be creative. I am encouraged by all of your stories, so many people take so much for granted, they have no idea just how blessed they are. I am looking forward to visiting here often and sharing with you all.

God Bless and have a Merry Christmas.

Spatrat
Old 12-21-2004, 01:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: New to the site

Welcome to the site. We will look forward to your input. I am getting ready for the last hunt of the year in SD. Its a muzzle loader and late rifle season. All antlerless deer. But they taste better anyway.
Old 12-22-2004, 08:33 AM

Welcome Spatrat We are glad to have you with us and look forward to hearing from from you. Jimmy
Old 12-22-2004, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome & Good Luck...
Old 12-22-2004, 10:20 AM

Thanks for the welcome guys! Jimmy, I am from the Rhinelander area where abouts are you located?
Old 12-22-2004, 01:39 PM
Typical Buck

Welcome Spatrat. I assume you beat your benign tumor? Congrats. Happy hunting
Old 12-23-2004, 10:53 AM

Spatrat I am in Boyceville (Dunn county) over by Menonmonie. Im not sure where Rhinelander is? I am about 12 miles nw of Menonmonie. Jimmy
Old 12-27-2004, 11:49 AM

Mite, In my case, it wasn't the tumor that caused all the problems; It was the blasted radiation they gave me. They either gave me too much or hit some good tissue. Jimmy, Rhinelander is North of Wausau by about 60 miles.

Spatrat
Old 01-02-2005, 05:15 PM

Welcome, Spatrat!!! Sorry I'm a little late, but I'm a "newbie" around here myself and have much to catch up on!

Glad to have you aboard and always glad to meet a "fighter". God bless.
Old 01-31-2005, 10:02 AM

Spatrat, do you deer hunt in the Rhinelander area? I hunt in Forest co. north of Crandon. Did not see a deer up there this year during the regular gun season. Last few years it has been very spotty. There is not much for the deer to eat. Winters have not been to bad so can't say it is from winterkill. Charlie

Quick Reply: New to the site

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.