Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Disabled Hunters
 I am disabled and would like to chat >

I am disabled and would like to chat

Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

I am disabled and would like to chat

Old 11-05-2004, 09:00 PM

Default RE: I am disabled and would like to chat

bigkentk i live in the lower little town called cedar springs,, home of the red flannel long johns sorry i didnt respond sooner
Old 11-10-2004, 07:16 AM

Hello B_J,, i am Katbones and i just started coming to this forum the other day. My wife is Bi-Polar and man o man this is one "vicious" illness. I am paranoid schizophrenic with multiple personality disorders,, and i finally learned that my medications are so necessary for my survival.I was first diagnosed in 1990 and stayed in Denial until a suicide attempt in 1998,, this is when i realised that Meds. and counseling were the ticket to my freedom from the "old Life".
I hope we can start communicating soon,, i love to talk and talk LOL,, about anything.
See ya around
Old 11-12-2004, 08:37 PM
Super Moderator

I have been skunked a lot more times than getting any thing .

Thats why its called hunting and not killing .

I am disabled also.

Mine has to do with my back - diabetets - blood pressure - brain damage from being on a ventalater for over a month and weak heart muscles and my kidneys are going out they leak protein like crazzy and some other things I can't remember right now. lol

Some days I get sick and all I can do is lay in bed.

It does get depressing espesaly when you can't go to work like regular people.
Espesaly not having enaugh money to pay bills and buy food for my children.

Then You look for something you can do and theres just nothing out there.

Then I want to go back to school but the disability people treaten to cut off my disability payments for going back to school to better my self.

It makes you want to pull your hair out.

The dr. wont sign a release for me to return back to work.

One Dr. said with the meds I take and the things that are wrong with me he wouldn't
recomend that I even drive a car.

Oh Well thats enaugh venting for now.
Old 11-18-2004, 10:34 PM

I know how you feel jrbsr , some days I dont want to get out of bed. I am on disablity and my wife works but that isnt enough sometimes. I found selling things on ebay is a great way to make alittle extra cash with out uncle sam finding out. if you keep the money in your paypal or only except money orders then your golden. I have been out all this week bow hunting and I have not seen a GD thing . My friend I go with got one the first day we went out. Lucky SOB, on that first day I did see a 4 pointer but my arrow slipped of my rest and fell to the ground. NOT MY BEST DAY hunting . Any way I hope you feel better and get out more. With xmas comming up you should find things to sell on ebay now is the time.
Old 11-21-2004, 09:11 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-12-2004, 02:22 PM

Hi BJ_Friley,
I am also disabled and just found this site to talk to others. I know you talk about the heat. It must be hot in Misissippi. I was severally depressed or many years. This is the first year I found out about organizations for the disabled. They have been very uplifting. I am physically challenged and warm weather is very bad for me. I miss going out in warm weather. Enjoy the warm weather.

God bless and always be hopeful
Old 12-21-2004, 10:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

Ican. I sent you a PM. I think I have a newer Email address and I don't know how to check to see what address they have for me or how to change it. Thanks
Old 01-02-2005, 11:49 PM

i am very familiar with your bi-polar=wifes ex has it as does my sisters husband aka bil(brother in law) there is no reason not to hunt- stay on the meds as hard as that can be sometimes, the roller coaster stays leveler if ya do, this is just what i observed this year huntin with bil

love ta chat anytime onebullet