Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Disabled Hunters
 where theres a will >

where theres a will

Community
Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

where theres a will

Old 10-01-2004, 08:25 AM

Default where theres a will

hay yall my huntin pal has had 2 back surgerys and i tore the tendons in my right elbow it kind of hurts of i grip or carry things we came up with an idea i cant carry much and he cant walk much so we looked around at deer carts and kid wagons we found a wall mart garden cart for 53 bucks it has fold down sides and a tail gate it holds about 300 pounds were puttin in a swivel fold down fishing seat for him and a gun and bow rack for me we havnt painted it yet its still red but the doves and squirrel didnt care i hope the deer dont either were thinking about gettin a couple electric scooters to hook up to it this winter boy that would really get us around i looked at some of those electric wheel chairs they just cant get around much and they cost a ton of money we found that if we keep the weight to the reer we can get thru plowed fields no problemo ruts dont seem to be a problem either i hope my left arm holds out if it dont well come up with somethin else we gotta hunt
Old 10-03-2004, 10:23 AM

Default RE: where theres a will

Hey bowhuntinoh hang in there man I know what your going through, my walking ability is severly limited by heart disease, copd, and lower back problems. I have an electric 4 wheel scooter that has decent ground clearance and knobby tires, a friend made me a gun rack for the back that will hold 4 rifles and I am seriously thinking of painting it camo. I tried for a long time to trade it for a used atv but since no takers I am turning it in to my own atv the plus factor is its electric and quiet plus no odor of fuel or oil. I agree where there is a will there is a way. Good luck to ya all and hang in there.