Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Disabled Hunters
My Hunting chair >

My Hunting chair

Community
Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

My Hunting chair

Old 04-24-2013, 07:49 PM
Spike

Default My Hunting chair

I have had degenerative hip disease and bad back problems sense I was a kid, and I could never find a chair that sat anything near comfortable yet was still kinda compact and easy enough to transport through the woods. So I got mad and designed and built one myself, I have never had enough money to get a paten on it but if any one thinks they might want one i will do my best to send the instructions, measurments and so on free of charge as long as i can send it electronically as in a PM, e-mail or something like that. So if your interested just let me know and i'll send a pic of the one i use, the instructions, and info on some ideas for modifications that i have thought up! I have only drawn out one set of instructions to date and sent those to a paten assistance company who then toldme that it would costme a buncha money to get the paten so be patient if you ask for this cuz i'll have to draw up another set and then I can scan um and send themeasily after the first set!
Old 05-13-2013, 02:49 AM
Spike

really its very nice.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:19 PM
Spike

It works out pretty good for me. The difference in mine is that it has adjustable legs so it can be used on uneven terrain! It also pancakes and can be slung across your back much like a rifle. Uses cloth for the seat and the back rest. I also have a modification in mind to put a foot rest on it but I havent mad that mod yet. Mine is made out of 3/4 inch thin wall conduit and denim camo cloth. I weighed it once and i'm not sure but I think it weighs 8 and 1/2 lbs, and when collapsed for transport it was 3 inches thick, 25 inches tall and 12 er 14 inches wide, the corners are cut, midered and welded instead of bent so you have more setting space for it's size than you would if the corners were bent. Its not like setting in a lazy boy but it's pretty comfortable to be homemade for outdoor use.