Community
Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

Rifle stocks

Old 01-11-2013, 07:28 AM
Spike

Default Rifle stocks

I make custom pistol grip rifle stocks for some bolt actions and the Remington semi automatic. The original concept was for stillhunting.
The style seems to work well for some with disabilities also. As there is such a variety of abilities and disabilities, it seems no one product works well for everyone. That being said, I will do whatever I can to make something work for anyone who is interested.
We recently were added to the Buckmasters BADF Disabled Services list of manufacturers of adaptive gear. This is a really special opportunity to give back yet promote the shooting sports. If I can help anyone with anything, please contact me.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hi Jaag, welcome to huntingnet. Do you have a website where we can look at your work?
Old 01-17-2013, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just found it. Your stock in combination with the Predator sling system, could really help someone with limited arm and shoulder movement.

http://www.jaagstock.com/
Old 01-18-2013, 07:05 AM
Spike

The slings really help people with back injuries carry their guns with much less back strain. It's actually what got me thinking about how the stocks might help as well. I'm working on a new mold for a slightly modified conventional bolt action stock. It's intended to be used with the sling and has a slightly longer wrist with a palmswell. It might appeal more to the traditionalist. There are so many different abilities and disabilities its hard to make something that works well for all.
If you have any thoughts or individual needs please let me know. I'll do anything I can to help put someone in the woods that might otherwise not be able to participate.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:58 AM
Spike

Absolutely, let me know if you need anything.