Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Disabled Hunters
Newly diagnosed with ALS >

Newly diagnosed with ALS

Community
Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

Newly diagnosed with ALS

Old 05-23-2012, 09:15 PM
Spike

Default Newly diagnosed with ALS

Well its been a while since i have been her, but last year i at 38 years old was diagnosed with lou gherrigs disease, i lost use almost entirely of my left arm. I am a total outdoorsman, archery , fishing, shooting etc... This is so so frustrating. I now cant hunt alone, and must use a crossbow with the use of a shooting platform. For those who may know me this is an update since its been so long, i on everyother forum go by camoman73, my name is john ,and im from reedsburg wi.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:02 PM
Spike

Camoman,
I was diagnosed with ALS in 2006, at age 45, and I refuse to give up. Last month, with help from friends, I shot 2 red stags and a wild boar in Argentina.
Focus on what you want to do, and then work on making it happen.
To get an idea of what a hunter with ALS can do, see my posts with links to my recently published article about disabled hunting, and my blog.