Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Disabled Hunters
the worst happened >

the worst happened

Community
Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

the worst happened

Old 05-04-2011, 07:23 AM
Fork Horn

Default the worst happened

Went to turkey hunt this am..got to blind was setting out decoy and wheelchair didn't work OMG!!!
Called Gail (wife) (luckily switched to Verison and had signal...(exactly why I didn't want that at&t %^0* when altell went to at&t....%^0* coverage here.....why I switched)

Long story short...got wheelchair to wheelchair fixer place...he said probably wire connections
(guess invacare has problems with connections of motors to main harness)

Anyways I left a right and left motor in case one is bad (bought spares on ebay as they are kinda hard to find and new ones are big bucks...like $800 and then wait a long time)

Told him to check batteries as they are 3 yrs old...he will put in new ( he siad like $225 each x 2 ) if they aren't up to snuff!

Anyways it sucks when the most important thing in my life quits...but it's to be fixed maybe by this afternoon....hope so I got hunting to do!!!!!!!
Old 05-05-2011, 05:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs down

I know what your talking about!!! Last June while fishing NY for the first week of bass season my chair broke..the left motor quit on me and I was doing "left circles" for an hour. I had my push chair for a back-up but was still a pain...
Old 05-05-2011, 10:37 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by PaJack
I know what your talking about!!! Last June while fishing NY for the first week of bass season my chair broke..the left motor quit on me and I was doing "left circles" for an hour. I had my push chair for a back-up but was still a pain...
ya sucks when the mechanical legs/wheels quit

you still went round and round lol
Old 05-06-2011, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator

Hope it gets fixed up for ya soon farmdude! I enjoy your posts and pictures, you do some impressive stuff on that scooter! Good luck on getting your bird
-Jake
Old 05-06-2011, 03:37 PM
Spike

I hope everything works out as well, that could be an expensive fix! I had my van fail on me one morning, such a pita. Nothing I despise more than something I depend on, not working when I need it to.