Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Disabled Hunters
Light Recoil and wieght for disabled wife >

Light Recoil and wieght for disabled wife

Community
Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

Light Recoil and wieght for disabled wife

Old 12-12-2009, 04:24 PM
Spike

Default Light Recoil and wieght for disabled wife

Hey all, first time on the site. My wife has a wrist injury that means she does not have much strength in her right hand, and shocks to it cause a lot of pain. She still loves being in the field, but had to sell all her hand guns.

Any advice on long barrel guns that are particularly light, yet appropriate for deer and small game. We live in the North East, so 200 yard plus shots are uncommon.
Old 12-12-2009, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

22-250, 243, 25-06, 257 Roberts, 7mm-08, 260, amongst others. Load 'em right and they'll do just fine on deer.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:30 AM
Typical Buck

In a rifle, you cannot beat a .44 or .243 and shot gun a 28 ga. is awesome on small game. I use a 28ga. on pheasants and grouse also. I have had two major shoulder surgeries and these fire arms don't bother me. Good hunting!
Old 10-08-2010, 01:59 PM
Fork Horn

I have a special need son who REALLY doesn't like guns with kick or with alot of recoil. I bought him a 257 roberts in a Ruger M77. this thing shots so nice. Very low recoil, big enough bullet to take an array of game. Resonable price on the ammo.

It may not be the perfect gun for everyone but for my son it works well.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:57 AM
Fork Horn

I have a 280 rem i have loaded low and they have no kick at all.and they still put deer right down with a good hit.i would go with the 280