Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Gun)
 Offical Team Buck Snipers (1) Thread >

Offical Team Buck Snipers (1) Thread

Community
Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Gun) All posts regarding the Rifle Deer Hunting Contest 2004 go into this Forum.

Offical Team Buck Snipers (1) Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 12:24 PM

Default RE: Offical Team Buck Snipers (1) Thread

wihunter I am sure you would of scored if not for your accident but at least you were able to get out and enjoy yourself thats the main thing, And besides I feel we got this contest wrapped up. We have one hell of a team, a great bunch of guys and the comoradery is fantastic! Congrats to all!!!! Jimmy
Old 01-04-2005, 12:58 PM

Definetly a great team hats off to all
Old 01-04-2005, 01:00 PM

counting my chickens early huh
Old 01-05-2005, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes I have to agree we have a great group of guys. Thank you all for being understanding with my shortened season. Jimmy thank you too for the vote of confidence about scoring if I hadn't broken this ankle. I was really set up for a great year. Now I am already planning on next year.
Trophyhuntr you may be counting your chickens early but I think it is a very safe bet. Congrats to all of you.
Old 01-05-2005, 12:46 PM

Hey Guys,

I've been trying to get caught up at work and haven't been to the forum in a while. Thanks for posting my deer picture and congratulations to all on a great season.
Old 01-05-2005, 04:07 PM
Typical Buck

How many of the "TEAM BUCK SNIPERS" hunt turkey? Hopefully all of us, because I'd like to keep the same team for the turkey contest. We could be called "TEAM GOBBLER THUMPERS"
Old 01-05-2005, 05:55 PM

Hey all. Long time no see. I tried to reply a few days ago, but something wasn't right with the computer. Good job everyone for some good deer and for healing well and whatever else.

MK-M-GOB - Never been turkey hunting before. I would love to go this year, but I don't know anything about it. I have a box call that belonged to my father. I've seen the shows and know how to use it. I would like to go with someone who knew what they were doing before venturing out on my own.

Oh, and there was hardly a time when I was out in the woods that I didn't see 5 or 6 hens. I had them walk right in front of me while I was sitting on the ground.
Old 01-05-2005, 09:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

How many of the "TEAM BUCK SNIPERS" hunt turkey?
Hey MK, I do but I haven't taken one in about 6 years. We started hunting our new place 2 years ago. We have too many hens and they always seem to go to the toms. I did get a nice tom last fall with the bow. I have been thinking of using the bow only this spring but I don't know that I can do that. I really love archery but with turkeys it is damn tough to get them with gun or bow.
Old 01-06-2005, 06:29 AM

I like to hunt them turkeys, good thought MK, How do yall like my signature at the bottom
Old 01-06-2005, 08:09 AM
Typical Buck

davidhardegree- You should defiantly give it a try this year! I'd rather turkey hunt than deer hunt ANY DAY! It's more one-on-one with turkey hunting. I don't want to start an argument with saying this and I'm not putting deerhunting down! Deerhunting can be hard but anyone can take a hunters safety course, buy a gun and sit in the woods to kill a deer. Some of us (like Team Buck Snipers)do it better than others I'm not saying you can't just sit and fill your Spring tag too but it's just a little harder to do with the turkeys. Check out the turkey forum and if you have questions post it! Everyone on there are will help newbies to make turkey hunting fun & safe

I have been thinking of using the bow only this spring but I don't know that I can do that
Sure you can! First thing is CONFIDENCE! Keep repeating to yourself "I can do it!" I think your chances are better in the Spring than in the Fall. With Fall hunting I've noticed you tend to hunt the birds when their flocked up. At least with the Spring hunt, you run a good chance of getting that lonesome gobblers that's thinking "girl, where's that girl". I had about two dozen chances at Fall birds this year but could not make it happen because of too many sets of eyes. Look into getting a blind! those doghouse blinds will do the job and you don't have not selling a arm or leg to buy it

trophyhuntr- I LIKE IT So is the contest closed now? and where do we pick up the coat patches with that same signature tag & our logo?

Quick Reply: Offical Team Buck Snipers (1) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.