Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow)
 What do you think were the most memorable moments of the contest? >

What do you think were the most memorable moments of the contest?

Community
Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

What do you think were the most memorable moments of the contest?

Old 02-14-2005, 07:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default What do you think were the most memorable moments of the contest?

Lots of negativity going on recently. Thought we could reflect back on the bright spots of the contest. If we could leave any and all negativity out of this thread it would be great.

What do you think were some of the best highlights or most memorable moments during the contest?

1. Getting to know my teammates a little better was nice. I had a great team.

2. A 200+ inch Non Typical monster harvested by Wolfen

3. All that chit chat blah blah blah from the Illinois guys Most all of the Illinois boys were singing it but only six did bring it

What about you guys?
Old 02-15-2005, 06:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What do you think were the most memorable moments of the contest?

All that chit chat blah blah blah from the Illinois guys Most all of the Illinois boys were singing it but only six did bring it
Yeah Yeah, I hear you. It was a blast, just too bad I stunk it up!!

Some of the most memorable posts were the ones where people were arguing the honor system and calling people on the score of their deer. Some people took it as a personal attacks.

Then you get some guy from Ohio that throws up a 130 class deer max as 160. What in the heck was this guy thinking?
Old 02-15-2005, 07:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Then you get some guy from Ohio that throws up a 130 class deer max as 160. What in the heck was this guy thinking?
Ya what an A--HOLE What was he thinking

We can make an exception and allow you to shoot along with the BUCKS in the smackdown if you want IL. Check it out in the tech forum.

Your score won't count for the smackdown, but it will be a blast none the less[8D]
Old 02-15-2005, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had the most fun with the pre season smack talk.... not so much dishing it but reading everyone elses. It just made my days of pre season go by a little happier

I loved signing in every morning expecting to see the next new giant buck entered.

It was great being on Team 4 - the #1 read thread throughout and getting to know my teammates, as well as the other participants.

Can't wait to try again next season
Old 02-15-2005, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HAZCON7

I had the most fun with the pre season smack talk.... not so much dishing it but reading everyone elses. It just made my days of pre season go by a little happier

I loved signing in every morning expecting to see the next new giant buck entered.

Can't wait to try again next season
Same here HAZCONS.
I had a blast reading all the smack talk through the pre-season.
This past hunting season made me fill like a kid again!
And reading all the hunting storys and seeing all the bucks turned in from around the nation thanks to the contest? Was awesome!!
And cheering on my team mates each week hoping that they would score on a nice buck to help out the team. Well all i can say is? I Can`t wait for next season!
Old 02-15-2005, 10:29 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to Team 8!!

Congrats on everyone who took a buck.

I enjoyed this contest and thought it went very well. Rob did a great job running it.

Trash talk was fun to take part in as everyone kept the humor intacted and nothing got too serious or carried away.

I really liked the hunt reports that people posted to let their teams know how they were doing.

Look forward to being in it next fall.

Tim
Old 02-16-2005, 01:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

I enjoyed the pictures from everyone and checking in to add another one to the contest. It's interesting how it turned out. I also enjoyed the comradorie within the "official team threads" and I really enjoyed using the word . OFFICIAL [8D][&:]
Old 02-16-2005, 04:07 PM

loved signing in every morning expecting to see the next new giant buck entered
Exactly my favorite part.
Old 02-17-2005, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

A number of things stick out in my mind.

Checking in everyday to see who killed what!
All of the trash talkin smack that added some "flavor" to the contest.!
The predictions and surveys..
Wolfen's "PIG".
Kcison's beautiful brute.
Mazur1's awesome buck
Buckeyebuckhuntr's saga defending an outstanding gross score on a true trophy.
Rob/Pa Bowyer's unusual trophy.
Wondering how in the world the group that made up team 20 ever got "drawn".
Seeing the huge bucks that some of the guys killed last year that also killed big bucks this year, very impressive!!!
Great photos with great stories..
Outstanding success rates of two teams.
The lesson that in a contest such as this, there are no small bucks, winning as a team in this format, is more about scoring, than it is about antler size (and some thought that the teams with a lot of guys from Michigan and Pennsyvania on them would be at a disadvantage versus say Illinois, Iowa and Kansas).

It was cool to see the excitement that the contest sparked. I will look forward to next year.
Old 02-17-2005, 11:40 AM

There are several things that stand-out from the contest.

My most memorable moment came on December 9th, 2004 in the middle of Pennsylvania's rifle season. I had been hunting in the morning with my bow, and when I came home I checked the food plot in my back yard and saw a buck get up and limp off. I had to make the split second decision to either go after this buck with my bow and hopefully harvest him so I could enter him in the contest or go grab my rifle and put the buck out of his misery. I made the decision to run to my house and grab my rifle. After nearly 2 hours I found the buck bedded and was able to put him out of his misery. 20" outside spread on an 8 point that grossed right around 100"! His front legs were both messed up, one was broke above the hoof with the bone entirely sticking out and the hoof being held on by a thin piece of skin while the other foot was missing half of the hoof! I wasn't able to enter him and help out the team, but the contest was all in good fun and putting this buck out of his misery was more important.

Of course, getting to know everyone a little better was a major plus. I never knew that Buckeye could talk so much smack (and back it up).

This contest added a whole new element to my season and helped me to make the decision to pass on some very nice young bucks! Hopefully next year, when these guys are 130"-140" 3-1/2 year old bucks, I can get a tag in one and will be able to say that the contest made me pass him up and let him get another year under the belt!

My favorite memory was being on the team that was expected to be the cream of the crop. We were favorites in the contest from the get go and of course the rest of my dang team could talk the talk but couldn't walk the walk Geez, if some of them would have done their part, I might not have to go congradulate team 8

Quick Reply: What do you think were the most memorable moments of the contest?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.