HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/deer-hunting-contest-2004-bow-52/)
-   -   Team 7 missing buck score (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/deer-hunting-contest-2004-bow/88558-team-7-missing-buck-score.html)

IL_BOW_MAN 02-08-2005 09:10 PM

RE: Team 7 missing buck score

I have been quiet for a while now.....and I know I said I wasn't responding to this anymore.....but

As long as the opportunity to enter his TROPHY was there.
His opportunity has been there since day 1. He knew what had to be done to get it entered. I know if I shot a buck I wouldn't leave it up to my team to hound me until the end of the contest to get it entered. I would have the respect for my team to get it entered and try to meet all the rules.

For team 7...I hope he can produce a picture that will help you out. If not I hope we can let this whole thing die without any hard feelings!

Mathewsboy 02-09-2005 05:44 AM

Well, man This just aint right.. LEGACY22 from TEAM 15 shot a NICE 8 Pointer. Due to all the excitement , he forgot to get a picture of the deer with him before it was butchered. He as the rack and all that stuff, but he never tried to enter it because he KNEW WHAT THE RULES WERE..

my two cents

Man, this is like saying, President Bush didnt win the election against Al Gore because some of the people that wanted to vote for him didnt vote on time, and they still want to vote... You know what we say to them.. SORRY BUDDY.. Rules are Rules..

WHO KNOWS

badshotbob 02-09-2005 12:28 PM

ORIGINAL: atlasman

I can't figure out why you would think a thread trying to make sure all bucks killed get counted is "odd"

I don't find that part of this thread to be odd at all. I find it odd that there are 7 pages of babble revolving around this topic. Look, it's simple: If your team mate has an uncounted buck, do all you can to get that buck entered. Period. End of story. Why should it be our responsibility to see that another team's buck gets counted? That has nothing to do with poor sportsmanship either, it's just flat out life and that's that. Should I go out of my way to see that another team has the same opportunity to hunt private land as I do? No. Why would I? I'm sick and tired of hearing the philosophy in life that everyone is a winner. That's what they are teaching my kids in school - that you actually don't win, but everyone is in life together in one big happy basket. That is not life my friend. A bit extreme to compare to this simple for-fun bow hunting contest perhaps, but same concept. I also find it odd that if you do not care about winning or losing this contest as you've pointed out for 7 pages, then why did you post this in the first place? Bottom line, who cares? Not to be cold, but really, what difference does it make if a buck was not posted? Why should that concern us? That's like saying the buck I missed early on in the season should be posted too. Again, if there's a buck out there that has been killed by your team mate and not posted for score, do all you can to see to it that it does get posted, don't dump the responsibility on the rest of us.

Ok, I'm done. {step off soap box} ;)

atlasman 02-09-2005 03:25 PM

ORIGINAL: badshotbob

I can't figure out why you would think a thread trying to make sure all bucks killed get counted is "odd"

I don't find that part of this thread to be odd at all. I find it odd that there are 7 pages of babble revolving around this topic. Look, it's simple: If your team mate has an uncounted buck, do all you can to get that buck entered. Period. End of story. Why should it be our responsibility to see that another team's buck gets counted? That has nothing to do with poor sportsmanship either, it's just flat out life and that's that. Should I go out of my way to see that another team has the same opportunity to hunt private land as I do? No. Why would I? I'm sick and tired of hearing the philosophy in life that everyone is a winner. That's what they are teaching my kids in school - that you actually don't win, but everyone is in life together in one big happy basket. That is not life my friend. A bit extreme to compare to this simple for-fun bow hunting contest perhaps, but same concept. I also find it odd that if you do not care about winning or losing this contest as you've pointed out for 7 pages, then why did you post this in the first place? Bottom line, who cares? Not to be cold, but really, what difference does it make if a buck was not posted? Why should that concern us? That's like saying the buck I missed early on in the season should be posted too. Again, if there's a buck out there that has been killed by your team mate and not posted for score, do all you can to see to it that it does get posted, don't dump the responsibility on the rest of us.

Ok, I'm done. {step off soap box} ;)

I never asked you or anyone else to do anything bob...........I just wanted to let everyone know what the deal was.

You obviously want to win this contest so bad you have lost the ability to calmly reason.

How sad.

Leverdude 02-09-2005 04:53 PM

I understood Atlas from day one & never saw any issue at all.
He said that they might have another entry & while we might not have NEEDED that info it sure isnt hurting anyone.
If he is a bit uptite about it I guess that would be understandable too, aint real important who wins but it would be nice if all the deer were counted.
If the guy doesn't come thru then thats what happened & life will go on but I still can understand it causing some stress to the people involved.

Time limits for entry arent needed IMO as the end of the contest is the end of the contest. If you shoot your deer in Sept & post it Feb 15th then I'd say its in. Probly oughtta give till 2 or 3 days after the contest end before cutoff in case someone bags one on the last day & cant get a pic online for a few days.

121553 02-09-2005 08:08 PM

If that buck taken meets the rules, then enter it, if it can't, then get out there with your own bow this last weekend and make something out of it. The rules are there for a reason and NO one person will be exeempt, sorry but we all knew of the rules when we signed up, what do you think your going to get some kind of 4 wheel drive pink catallac for winning the contest? I never thought of winning as importantant as it is too others, maybe young man you'll get there. Good luck, Bobby
>>>>>>>>>>>----------PROUND MEMBER OF THE ELITE 8---------------.>>>>>>>>>>

Tribal 02-09-2005 09:23 PM

This is really a shame. I don't see how any of this is helping a "FOR FUN" contest. Atlasman I am sure you will quote this reply and say something we already have heard twice in one of your 100 posts here in this thread.

But it is your teamate's responsibility to to post pics and info on any buck he harvested. We dont really know if he even actually harvested a deer do we? Other than he told someone from your team. I don't think any one here is saying it should not be counted if in fact he did harvest a deer. But I did not even see a post from him saying this is what I harvested and pics and score to follow. But now yes we are ALL aware of it and you are simply IMO taking away the hard work of everyone on team 8 who took the time to post the entry within a reasonable amount of time and as soon as they could.

Now "IF" team 8 goes on to win the contest it is obviously ONLY because your irresponsible teamate who gave up on you and this contest did not post his alleged deer.
That kind of takes the satisfaction out of a only for fun contest. By all means if the deer is posted and entered before the deadline of the 15th it should absolutely be counted. But your crying, yes crying took all the fun out of this contest no matter what the outcome.

My advice to you is work on communicating with your teamate before bringing all the hopeful team members of THE ELITE 8 down and making everyone on this forum to try and come to some resolution for you. Take care of it YOURSELF. It's between you and the teamate who abandoned you! All you are doing it is ruining it for everyone else. But thats ok right? I mean as long as everyone knows that team 8 only won it because you have a guy who could not figure out how to follow rules that were posted prior to the season. Thats if he even harvested a deer.

atlasman 02-09-2005 09:52 PM

ORIGINAL: Tribal

But now yes we are ALL aware of it and you are simply IMO taking away the hard work of everyone on team 8 who took the time to post the entry within a reasonable amount of time and as soon as they could.
How am I doing that??...........it wasn't me who didn't post his buck. Don't blame the messenger.

But your crying, yes crying took all the fun out of this contest no matter what the outcome.
The only crying I see is from everyone on Team 8 because they are afraid of losing a contest they keep telling everyone they don't care about. Personally I could not care less at this point and I am sick of the whole situation. I thought I was doing something positive here by telling everyone the situation BEFORE the contest ended so it didn't come up in the offseason and cause hard feelings...........boy am I glad I did that :eek: All I have gotten in return is accused of everything from cheating to being a crybaby and everything in between........well I am sick of everyone blaming me personally for something I had no control over. People keep posting "Rules are Rules".........WTF does that even mean???.........NO ONE HAS BROKEN A RULE OR EVER SUGGESTED WE DO SO.

GROW UP AND STOP ACTING LIKE CHILDREN.

I never seen a bunch of adults show so much immaturity.......it is really disturbing.

My advice to you is work on communicating with your teamate before bringing all the hopeful team members of THE ELITE 8 down and making everyone on this forum to try and come to some resolution for you. Take care of it YOURSELF. It's between you and the teamate who abandoned you! All you are doing it is ruining it for everyone else. But thats ok right? I mean as long as everyone knows that team 8 only won it because you have a guy who could not figure out how to follow rules that were posted prior to the season. Thats if he even harvested a deer.

My advice to you and everyone else getting on my case for no reason is to STFU.......you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

I am sick of getting blasted for doing something I thought would be best to AVOID this very reaction from other contest members.

So screw all you guys that have taken out your childish tantrums on me. I was trying to help you and everyone else that put a lot of effort into this contest but now you can all just bite me.

This whole ordeal has left me shaking my head. I honestly cannot believe the reaction from people to this thread..........I would expect more mature behavior from a group of 1st graders.

What a joke......I couldn't care less what happens at this point. Take all our scores away for all I care.

JoshKeller 02-09-2005 10:08 PM

No Offense Josh Keller, but there is no plausible way to set a time limit, unless something that is dated can be shown in photo? But otherwise, good suggestion
I'm next to positive just about ALL digital cameras have a time stamp feature. And all film cameras can do so. What I'm sayin is for people who claim to have shot their buck in October and still havent posted the pictures? There should be a time limit in which you can enter your deer if you choose to acknowledge or brag that you took him.

Tribal 02-09-2005 10:44 PM

ORIGINAL: Tribal

But now yes we are ALL aware of it and you are simply IMO taking away the hard work of everyone on team 8 who took the time to post the entry within a reasonable amount of time and as soon as they could.
How am I doing that??...........it wasn't me who didn't post his buck. Don't blame the messenger.

But your crying, yes crying took all the fun out of this contest no matter what the outcome.
The only crying I see is from everyone on Team 8 because they are afraid of losing a contest they keep telling everyone they don't care about. Personally I could not care less at this point and I am sick of the whole situation. I thought I was doing something positive here by telling everyone the situation BEFORE the contest ended so it didn't come up in the offseason and cause hard feelings...........boy am I glad I did that :eek: All I have gotten in return is accused of everything from cheating to being a crybaby and everything in between........well I am sick of everyone blaming me personally for something I had no control over. People keep posting "Rules are Rules".........WTF does that even mean???.........NO ONE HAS BROKEN A RULE OR EVER SUGGESTED WE DO SO.

GROW UP AND STOP ACTING LIKE CHILDREN.

I never seen a bunch of adults show so much immaturity.......it is really disturbing.

My advice to you and everyone else getting on my case for no reason is to STFU.......you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

I am sick of getting blasted for doing something I thought would be best to AVOID this very reaction from other contest members.

So screw all you guys that have taken out your childish tantrums on me. I was trying to help you and everyone else that put a lot of effort into this contest but now you can all just bite me.

This whole ordeal has left me shaking my head. I honestly cannot believe the reaction from people to this thread..........I would expect more mature behavior from a group of 1st graders.

What a joke......I couldn't care less what happens at this point. Take all our scores away for all I care.

LoL, You have serious issues. Let me ask you this. Ok we know you possibly have a alleged buck not counted. What are we suppose to do about it? And if everyone is acting differently that you anticipated maybe it's time to either drop it or give some thought as to why others are responding the way they are. WTF are we suppose to do about it? I don't believe I want to enter again next year. You say you have no control over it then how the fu&* are we suppose to have control over it? Now you have taken any enjoyment out of this contest and flushed it right down the toilet. I want to say thanks. And I am not afraid of losing any contest. That has nothing to do with this. I would have felt the same way no matter what team you were sabotaging. And I see you must be getting upset, I would think a guy like you would never stoop to the level of a bunch of hunters who are afraid to lose a contest. Ayyy vayyy!