Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Team 7 missing buck score

Old 01-30-2005, 02:46 PM

Default Team 7 missing buck score

Just so everyone is aware...........we have a problem on our team that has potential to impact the outcome of the contest. We have a member of our team (Spotlight) that took a buck early in the contest and for whatever reason he did not post his buck in the scorecard thread. We have tried repeatedly to contact him but we are not having any luck.

As you can see, this could potentially change the winner of the contest so we really don't know what to do about it. We just thought that everyone should know that we have another buck for our team BEFORE the contest wraps up.

We really don't know what to do about it but just wanted to make the information known BEFORE the contest ended..........so it doesn't sound like sour grapes or something stupid like that. It would just be nice to get credit for all the bucks we took.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions we would love to hear them. We have tried to solve this issue ourselves but sadly it appears that Spotlight doesn't visit this forum often.
Old 01-30-2005, 04:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 7 missing buck score

Well, Its only a contest but I would think a deadline is a deadline. If he does not take his responsibility for the team and post accordingly. I dont see how it would make a difference. Thats my opinion no matter if he was on my team or not. Jan. 31st I last heard was the deadline was it not?
Old 01-30-2005, 05:16 PM

ORIGINAL: Tribal

Well, Its only a contest but I would think a deadline is a deadline. If he does not take his responsibility for the team and post accordingly. I dont see how it would make a difference. Thats my opinion no matter if he was on my team or not. Jan. 31st I last heard was the deadline was it not?

I just figured that with all the effort that was put into this contest we would want to make sure all the bucks taken were counted........right now they are not.

Especially since the entire contest would/could change based on it.

Personally, I wouldn't want to win or lose without all bucks being counted.............and that is why I posted this BEFORE the contest ended. So everyone would at least be aware and a solution may arise.
Old 01-30-2005, 05:41 PM
Dominant Buck

Atlas, I read his posts but I don't see any buck pic, score or a legal post. It is a shame it might effect the out come.
Old 01-30-2005, 07:09 PM

ORIGINAL: Fieldmouse

It is a shame it might effect the out come.

No doubt.........It sucks for BOTH of our teams...........and the whole contest actually.

I was pretty bummed when I heard this. I would rather he had said he never shot anything or just not heard anything from him at all.
Old 01-30-2005, 07:13 PM
Dominant Buck

I agree because I told o2BHNTN that I would take him an hour north of where he lives and put him on some bucks to shoot if needed. Now I have one day left and most bucks probably have dropped their horns.

Oh well it was a fun run anyway. Can't wait til next season.
Old 01-30-2005, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would say this if it were not my team leading. What I am saying is that contest closes the 31st. With that if he does have a buck it should be at least reported by the end of the 31st. I can see waiting longer until the score is finalized. But you can't expect to count a buck a month after deadline? He should at the least have it reported approx. what size and that photo and score will come a few days after. Thats my point. If he did thats great I am happy for him. Regardless if the outcome. Which team wins this means little to me. We all had fun and I will do it again. I would think if he cared at all he would have had it on soon after he supposedly shot it. And if it was as you stated "early in the contest" he had more than enough time to post it. Agreed?
Old 01-30-2005, 09:53 PM

ORIGINAL: Tribal

I would say this if it were not my team leading. What I am saying is that contest closes the 31st. With that if he does have a buck it should be at least reported by the end of the 31st.
Exactly why I posted this BEFORE the contest ended.

I can see waiting longer until the score is finalized. But you can't expect to count a buck a month after deadline?
I don't see anyone suggesting that.

I would think if he cared at all he would have had it on soon after he supposedly shot it. And if it was as you stated "early in the contest" he had more than enough time to post it. Agreed?
Obviously he doesn't care at all..............which is unfortunate not only for both our teams but the whole contest in general. I am assuming he thought his buck wouldn't make a difference.

WOW..........was he wrong

I feel bad for all the people that put effort into and followed the contest.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:37 AM

I don't think the contest ends until the end of February. I know Arkanasas is still open until February 15. That should buy you some time Atlasman to get this resolved.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Double Creek

I don't think the contest ends until the end of February. I know Arkanasas is still open until February 15. That should buy you some time Atlasman to get this resolved.
I thought we all agreed on 01-31-05?
BTW-Does anyone hunt in arkanasas?

Quick Reply: Team 7 missing buck score

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.