Community
Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Next Years CONTEST......???

Old 11-23-2004, 12:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Next Years CONTEST......???

I think that's a cool idea to keep the winners in tact.
Old 11-23-2004, 02:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

I like that idea as well, the winning team keeps all their members to defend their title and all other teams are chosen at random...sounds like a plan to me....I can't wait til next archery season.
Old 11-23-2004, 02:41 PM

I KNOW ILL BE SIGNING UP NEXT YEAR, THIS TIME IM NOT GOING TO TAKE IT EASY ON THE REST OF THE TEAMS , IAM GOING TO FILL MY TAG
Old 11-23-2004, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds good. I am already counting down to next season. I'll be better, faster, stronger. Well now that I have all this hardware in my leg I should be.
Old 11-23-2004, 07:05 PM
Fork Horn

Where do I sign up? Why dont you make it interesting, put hoyt against MATHEWS against pse etc. just to see who is the best...I guess we cant do that, the Hoyt guys couldnt live up to the challenge isnt that right rob/pa?lol. It's a joke but it would make it alot of fun to hear some of the responses...Anyway, congrats to all hunters this year on the whitetails taken with " ALL TYPES OF BOWS ".. REMEMBER IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT EQUIPMENT YOU USE TO SLICE AND DICE THEM,THE VENISON TASTE THE SAME...
Old 11-23-2004, 07:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think Bob's idea is great ,this will also give the team's a little more enthusiasm to fill thier tag's in order to stay as a team .VERY GOOD IDEA Bob.

nubo
Old 11-23-2004, 11:36 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Keeping the winning team for next year sounds good to me. Course now if Team 20 doesn't win, does this mean they are in the draw like the rest of us should our teams not win??? Don't let them stack the deck again next year Rob, be a brave leader and make a ruling before they can stop you!! We'll back you a 100 %...well unless they play dirty and threaten not to have the contest. Then you're on your own!! LOL

Tim
Old 11-24-2004, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

YEAH, Team 20 is pretty well STACKED..Imean, youmight as well call it TEAM ILLINOIS
Old 11-24-2004, 06:37 PM

Personally next years contest should run the same as this years. We'll take sign ups to a deadline, we'll ramdomly choose teams through a drawing so that all teams will be different. This gives everyone a fair chance as well as getting to know new members. It is very unlikely that all teams members will remain here for next year plus we will see an increase of participants.
Personally I like the getting to know new members reason. Plus if all the members of the winning team do not participate next year how do you pick someone to go on thier team.

This is obviously not just coming down to which team is shooting the biggest buck but more which team has members who have the time to get out and hunt. With around a 100 average score big doesn't mean win.

The winning team will prob. be a team that hunts alot and that would give them a very big advantage over all the teams next year. They would have all year to plan and encourage each other vs a team that is put together right before season.

I would go direct opposite of keeping them together and say they all had to be on different teams then you would have ten teams with a winning member from last year talking about how good it is to win this thing.

Regardless I am in I have had a blast and enjoyed getting to know my team members.
Old 11-24-2004, 07:46 PM

no matter what ill be back.

Quick Reply: Next Years CONTEST......???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.