Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow)
 Questions for all captains & mods??? >

Questions for all captains & mods???

Community
Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Questions for all captains & mods???

Old 09-14-2004, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Questions for all captains & mods???

My question is will you allow a bow killed entry into the contest if it was killed during rifle season. I am asking this because Montana's rifle season is during the peak of the rut. Montana state law says I can hunt with a bow during rifle season as long as I wear orange.
If you do allow a bow killed animal during the rifle season? What would you require as proof that this animal was indeed a bow kill & not a rifle kill?
The only buck I am after this year is that 170-class buck. Would multiple pictutes of the animal & body cavity entrance & exit wounds be proof enough???

thanks,

WK
Old 09-14-2004, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Questions for all captains & mods???

I'd say that any deer legally taken with archery equipment should be permitted. Even if it's taken during rifle season. As far as proof I really don't think you need to go to the extreme of taking chest cavity shots. Unless you're worried someone won't take your word for it.
Old 09-14-2004, 12:04 PM
Dominant Buck

Yes, they better. I only hunt with a bow and I'm sure I won't shoot anything until the end stuffer season starts.
Old 09-14-2004, 12:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good question. As captain of Lucky 13 I would say yes. I however am in a similar situation as you. I hunt in the CWD Management zone in WI. Gun Deer opens November 20 and runs until Jan. 3 for me. We also have an early T zone which for us we can shoot a buck with a gun if we have earned it. That runs Oct 28-31. WI's bow season for where I hunt runs Sept 18 to Jan 3. All I have to do is wear the orange when gun season is on.

Since the rule states that it just has to be legal in your state I would have to say that it WOULD count.

Let's see what everyone else has to say. But that is my opinion.
Old 09-14-2004, 12:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

I agree with the above, if it's taken legally with bow equipment that by all means it's a bow kill and should be allowed in the contest....my only hope is that all members are honest with us as well as honest with themselves. I'm not refering to the above but I'd bet we have at least one....dishonest member and I find that a shame. Call me a skeptic by nature but I feel civilization as a whole is failing.....we still have great people amoung us, just not as many as we should. Common courtesy and honesty is all we ask....that's all anyone can ask.
Old 09-14-2004, 01:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Capt. team 2 here.

I say as long as it is.

1. Legal in your state. (i.e. bow during rifle season)
2. Your first bow killed buck of the season.

Then there should be no problems with it.
Old 09-14-2004, 01:43 PM
Typical Buck

Surely..that is a legal kill. I can bow hunt in Kansas as long as I wear Orange during gun season also....just be careful with all that lead flying in the air.
Old 09-14-2004, 01:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'd have to say, any bowkill that falls under the legal laws of ones state has to be accepted. Seems everyone agrees.
Old 09-14-2004, 02:03 PM

I agree with everyone else. If it's legal, it counts. I'm in the same situation each year since I typically carry a bow during our gun season.
Old 09-14-2004, 02:15 PM

I agree with the others. PA's extended archery season runs with antlerless firearms season. I hunt with my bow at that time.

Quick Reply: Questions for all captains & mods???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.