Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow)
 Official Team "Arrow Slingers" (22) Thread >

Official Team "Arrow Slingers" (22) Thread

Community
Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Official Team "Arrow Slingers" (22) Thread

Old 10-15-2004, 01:05 PM

Default RE: Official Team "Arrow Slingers" (22) Thread

I coming to help team!! I'm all too excited about tommorrows opener!! I've waited too long for oct. 16 to get here. Hopefully after tommorrow I can get a good feel of were the deer are as far as rut phase. Normally deer in my area are in pre-rut right about now. I have already been seeing fresh rubs pop up. The weather is calling for a few rian showers, but ill be there anyway. We have experienced a sudden drop in temperature, and I'm hoping that'll have the deer running mad!!
Old 10-17-2004, 09:16 AM

hey for you guys that have scored already.... We still dont have any points on the score card. I'm thinking you have to actually post the pic and the score on the score card post. I may be wrong, but im think thats why we dont have any points. I even seen a post around here somewhere that'll help you score your buck if you need it.
Old 10-17-2004, 08:20 PM
Typical Buck

You're right antlergetter, I've just added mine to the score card and we should be showing points by tomorrow. BTW...mine scored 114 4/8", I know he isn't P&Y, but he got us on the board. Oh yeah, I can't remember if it was titleist or whoever shot one already too, but I don't like either, but according to the rules, we MUST post the FIRST one we take....I know it sucks, but whatever.
Old 10-17-2004, 08:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

RattleSnake1, congratulations...you put your team on the board. That's a fine deer no matter where you are. Very nice.

By the way, great photo...better than most... very nice.
Old 10-18-2004, 08:37 AM

RATTLESNAKE AND Y2KR1 Great Job!!!!

I took another doe friday and saw a really good one. I was hunting a new property that I just picked up this year, shot a doe at 4:30 and decided to wait till after dark and see if a big boy would walk by. Ended up seeing 11 deer total and right before dark a giant walked out at about 70 yards, messed with a licking branch and vanished into the corn. Sure had my blood pumping. Corn is still standing at all of the properties I hunt and I haven't hunted my honey hole yet, waiting till the rut to hunt it. Good luck to everyone.
Old 10-18-2004, 08:06 PM
Typical Buck

I guess it was Y2KR1 that already has one too. With mine and his, and one more, we could be right at or near the top with team 8. I know the rut is going to start here real soon, and let's get going fellas.
Old 10-19-2004, 04:21 PM

Hopefully I'll be able to help you guys real soon, I have the rest of the week off to hunt. Maybe the conditions will improve from last saturday's opener. The deer just didnt wanna move at all.
Old 10-19-2004, 08:52 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks again hgauge, and good luck to you AG! BTW fellas I know my name here is long so it's probably easier for you to just go with RS. On another note, as of right now, 11 out of the 23 teams don't have any points yet, and we're just 212" behind Team 8. A couple of good bucks will put us right up there. I think it would be cool for us to come in as a bit of a dark horse as we were in fact all alternates, and some of the teams that were created right away were doing a lot of trash talking early on....always fun to stick it to mouthy people...haha Good luck fellas!
Old 10-20-2004, 05:13 PM

Hey, it could happen, quite easily in fact. Yes, it would be very cool, get to rub it in for a while.

Headed down to our farm again this weekend. The deer are just not moving during daylight around here. The weather has been very weird. In about another week the pre-rut should get going tho.

Thanks for puttin us on the board.
Old 10-22-2004, 08:21 AM

I went in yesterday to wet rainy conditions and a pack of dog in my area so its not looking good. Last time I had a time outta those dogs and had to move to a totally different location after trying to hunt around them half the season. I'm going to ride it out for another week there and see what happens, then I may have to move to a new area.....agian.

Quick Reply: Official Team "Arrow Slingers" (22) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.