Community
Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Handwriting on the wall

Old 08-26-2004, 04:27 PM

Default Handwriting on the wall

I really hope I am wrong here but it seems almost impossible that this contest will not be a complete and total nightmare by the time it is all said and done.

People are taking this thing WAY to seriously and that is a recipe for trouble.

People have argued.......insulted each other......claimed the teams are rigged......quit........and gone over the rules with a fine toothed comb.

This is all before the contest has even started []

What do you think is gonna happen when guys start showing pics of deer they took???

If the behavior demonstrated so far is any indication there will be cries of

You didn't kill that deer.........it's someone elses.

No way that buck scored what you say it did.

That deer was killed with a gun.

That wasn't your first buck.

and finally..........

Team 4 is in a no win situation. No matter what happens they will get verbal abuse for it. If they win it's because teams were rigged........if they lose they will have to hear how they couldn't even win with a stacked deck.

Hopefully I am wrong and this thing will smooth out and everyone will have some fun with it...............right now it just looks like a grenade with the pin pulled.

Now everyone take a deep breath and relax.........it's just for fun

Can you even imagine if there was money involved? [][]

Oh yea........Vegas has Team 7 as the current favorite
Old 08-26-2004, 04:36 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Handwriting on the wall

I think most people on here are bored sometimes and just like to razz each other up some, i don't think most people take it personal or intend to hurt someones feelings. Its just for fun and IMO makes it a little more interesting. As for someone lying about a score its out of our hands and those questioning a kill just might be jealous or something, i don't know im just here to have fun and learn some things about getting a big one.
Old 08-26-2004, 04:54 PM
Fork Horn

I think most people on here are bored sometimes and just like to razz each other up some, i don't think most people take it personal or intend to hurt someones feelings. Its just for fun and IMO makes it a little more interesting. As for someone lying about a score its out of our hands and those questioning a kill just might be jealous or something, i don't know im just here to have fun and learn some things about getting a big one
I second that!
Old 08-26-2004, 07:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

We all know nothing can go by here without a huge discussion and having things put under a microscope, but I think with this people will fall into the spirit of it and have fun.

I'm seeing BIG money being layed on team 7. Afterall lucky 7 how can you bet against us? [8D]
Old 08-26-2004, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I too am just planning on having a lot of fun with this. My son is on team "The big 10" and we have been razing each other hear and at home. It has added something to our hunting this fall. It even has him talking more about hunting (4 legged deer instead of 2 legged). He is 16 and we even got back out shooting together tonight. He has been so busy with work and the girls we haven't been able to shoot together much. We were joking around at dinner tonight and then we decided to "take it outside" so to speak. Some of that is because of this contest and nothing anyone on here can do will take that away.

To me this is just great fun and I hope everyone looks at it that way.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:05 PM

If everyone is honest this contest will work.

P.S. I got my deer!

Old 08-26-2004, 08:21 PM

P.S. I got my deer!
Zak cheated, Zak cheated. That's it, I'm filing a complaint with Rob.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's all in good fun...no hard feelings.

And since I'm on Team 4, there is no way that anyone of us can predict the quality of deer that will walk through our woods or under our stands, it's what is so exciting about bowhunting. The only thing guaranteed right now for team 4 is that we'll probably be apologizing for insulting someone's mom after all this is said and done and before I do, Oh wait, Sorry Groundhunter, let say it's just for fun. Even if we all are seeing record book bucks every day scouting, it still takes luck to get one within bow range. So come on folks, let's all share a good laugh, harvest the deer of a lifetime and raz the heck out of some folks who truly appreciate bowhunting as much as you or I.

Kelly
Old 08-26-2004, 08:43 PM
Dominant Buck

Below is the handwriting on the wall that should be sinking into the rest of your heads.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Quick Reply: Handwriting on the wall

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.