Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow)
 Official Team "Lucky 13"   (13) Thread >

Official Team "Lucky 13" (13) Thread

Community
Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Official Team "Lucky 13" (13) Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team "Lucky 13" (13) Thread

Hi all. No buck yet. Shot a doe on the open. Seen some small bucks but no shooters UNTIL friday. I was walking on the fring of a cedar thicket on my Brother Inlaw farm and I jumped a BIG BUCK from it. WOW nice PA BUCK.I will stay away from the farm for at least a week, man that will be tough, let him settle down a bit. I know where he is beding and I have a good idea where he's coming from in the AM. Can not wait to hunt there again[&o] Im going to hunt a few days this week in the Am on some of the other spots I have permmission to hunt. Goodluck to all be safe and CONGRATS to our teammate who got us on the board

HATCHET JACK
Old 10-18-2004, 07:12 AM

Here is a pic of my doe, she tipped the scales at 140, live weight.

Old 10-18-2004, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice doe DC. I wish we had some that heavy where I hunt. We have older does but not heavy. Seems we just have too many deer. I have been second guessing my "shoot lots of doe" this fall. Seems we will be earn a buck next year and I want to make sure we have lots to shoot at then as well. I kind of wish the DNR would allow us to shoot 2 doe this year to earn one buck tag for next year. That way I could start the season with a buck tag and more doe would get shot. Guess they just aren't that smart.[]
Old 10-18-2004, 12:12 PM

Nice doe Double Creek! She is a big one! Congratulations!!!

All I've seen around here are small does, BB's and misc. spikes, forkys and sixers. I'd sure like to know where the big ones are.

Today I had a stare down at 5 yards with a large forky. He had a big solid body but lacked in antlers. The wind was in my favor but he still knew there was something wrong. He wandered away then came back for a second look. I'm glad he did not spook. Told him to go back and send his grandpa. Think he will??? HA HA HA
It sure is hard hunting from the ground....
Old 10-21-2004, 04:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well everyone it is almost here. Tomorrow afternoon I will be heading out to the cabin for 9 days. Starting next Thursday is the 4 day gun season. I will be using my bow (which is legal in the CWD zone I'm in) until all the neighbors start shooting. I may then break out the gun for a day or two. After that I have Nov. 4 & 5 off to give me a 4 day weekend and Nov. 10, 11 & 12 for a 5 day weekend. I sure do hope I can find a least one decent buck in that time.

Now I will be taking my laptop with and I hope I can log in to at least check this thread out and post how things are going. Good luck to everyone with the rut about here.

Jen - I hope you find that Grandpa. And yes hunting from the ground is much harder then from a tree. I have done both and will be doing some of each over the next 3 weeks.
Old 10-21-2004, 05:12 PM
Dominant Buck

Don't do it. Don't give into peer preasure. Hunt with your bow all through the season.
Old 10-21-2004, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

still no bucks coming into range but did take another doe tuesday
Old 10-22-2004, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Fieldmouse. I will try to use the bow the entire week. In the past once the neighbors start to fire the guns the deer movement stops until dark. The only deer I usually see during the gun season are deer we jump walking in. I'll let you know when I get back how it goes.
Old 10-22-2004, 05:24 PM

Well fellow tema members I have had crappy luck so far. I have seen several small does and and 4 bobcats. No Bucks or large does. I am getting depressed about the spots I have be hunting. I went out yesterday with my 5yr old scouting a new area. I seen alot of potential and have seen smaller bucks in thier during turkey season. I am going again sunday and monday. I post back with results.
Old 10-23-2004, 04:31 AM

I know how you're feeling there BLKLAB! I'm going thru the same thing. Seems like all the adult deer are hanging out somewhere else. All tiny does, BB's and bucks which don't fit our antler requirements. But hey, HANG IN THERE!
Yesterday, I finally got to draw on a nice adult doe. I finally figured out how some of the deer were sneaking on to the property into the woods. The wind was right and I set up in a log pile where incoming deer would have to go left or right Well, she came in and went left. The only problem is that she stopped short because a 2nd doe started stomping her foot. I never even saw the 2nd doe until I was drawn and ready to shoot. I only needed that 1st doe to take another step! Well then that was it anyway as it turned out to be 3 doe and they went back out the way they came...
I am starting to see a lot of rubs and finally came across a scrape. The big boys are out there and we just need them to make a mistake....
Should be some action here today (Sat.) as it is a combination day of archery, muzzleloader, and rifle for youth, senior and disabled - not to mention small game. The deer will be moving for sure now.......

Let's go TEAM LUCKY 13!!

Quick Reply: Official Team "Lucky 13" (13) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.