Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow)
 Official Team "Backstrap Boys" (2) Thread >

Official Team "Backstrap Boys" (2) Thread

Community
Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Official Team "Backstrap Boys" (2) Thread

Old 11-28-2004, 09:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team "Backstrap Boys" (2) Thread

swibw I updated the picture on the previous post but here's another.

Old 11-29-2004, 08:10 PM

Nice buck soonershooter. He does have dark horns and a dark patch between them. I don't think I have ever saw that one a buck around here.

Leverdude, do you got any pics?

I am patiently waiting for gun season to start around here so I need all the photos I can get. We had alittle snow this morning so went out and shot a coyote. Hunted one ditch had one come out right beside me on the other side and run about 150 yards out then stand on a terrace and look back at me. 22-250 showed him that was a mistake.
Old 12-01-2004, 01:19 PM
Typical Buck

Nope, no pics. My uncle took some & when I get my copies I'll scan one & post it. Nuthin to brag about as far as antlers go, I almost let him walk cuz I thought it was a doe. When he came over to the scent sticks & I saw the antlers I took my shot. Once he was down & I went to collect him I was kinda suprised at his size, I thought he was smaller. I only hunt up there for the first 3 days & not having a doe tag I shot the first antlered deer I saw. Turned out to be a good idea as noone else saw any bucks but 2 more does were harvested by our group so we did ok. 4 hunters 3 deer, I'm not complaining.
Old 12-08-2004, 09:23 AM

How is everyone doing? I am going out tonight to try and stick one.
Old 12-08-2004, 10:06 AM
Fork Horn

Have not been having the best of luck with respect to weather, etc this year. I still have a couple weeks to go out, but can only hunt on weekends.[:'(]

Last weekend, some partridge hunters lost their dog on Saturday....It chased after a deer. So, on Sunday, I didn't even see a deer due to people all over the place calling for the dog, etc. I was a little bitter, but I would do the same if I lost a dog.

I will be out on New Year's Eve if I haven't tagged out. I am not giving up.
Old 12-08-2004, 05:49 PM
Typical Buck

I havent been seeing much either. Havent been out much the past week or so, dern responsibilities snowballing on me. I should get cought up this weekend & be free till new years. I hope.
Old 12-21-2004, 01:48 PM
Fork Horn

Well, I have the 24-27th off and the 31st off. I will probably not be posting much before I shoot one....all my free time will be spent in the woods.

So, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all !

Good luck to you in hunting and in life.
Old 12-28-2004, 04:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well guys my season ends this coming Saturday and no buck yet with the bow.
I can hunt Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Wish me luck.
Old 12-28-2004, 06:08 PM
Typical Buck

Good luck farmcntry! I'v got till the end of Jan but these short days make it tough to get out since I work, that & we cant hunt here on Sundays limit me to saturdays & a couple evenings a week at most.
Once again good luck!
Old 12-29-2004, 10:07 AM

Good Luck guys, I shot a 10 point with the muzzle loader yesterday. Nothing real special but a nice deer. Prob. go about 110 to 120 gross score. Been kind of a hard year for hunting around here with the weather so nice. Need a cold spell with some snow to bunch them back up. Everything is out in the open on terraces. Good Luck the rest of the year.

Quick Reply: Official Team "Backstrap Boys" (2) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.