Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow)
 Official Team "Backstrap Boys" (2) Thread >

Official Team "Backstrap Boys" (2) Thread

Community
Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Official Team "Backstrap Boys" (2) Thread

Old 09-17-2004, 09:49 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team "Backstrap Boys" (2) Thread

All I can say is to be careful.

On another note: 2 weeks till my season opens. Hopefully, I won't be the first to tag a buck...
Old 09-18-2004, 08:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Had 24 turkeys a cow horn and a nice 8 within range
this evening. Had to pass tho, waiting on the big boy
I've been seeing.
Old 09-19-2004, 07:21 PM
Typical Buck

I been letting little does go by since Wed. Mostly the same ones but nothing worth taking yet. Saturday I went to check a spot before going to my stand, wasn't even wearing cammo, decided for a walk back a bit to look for sign & brought my bow just in case.
Well, lo & behold I come up from a small gully & theres 2 does looking at me. I just froze & stood there in my bright red T-shirt & cutoffs. The lead doe starts walking thru the brush watching me & I slowly nock an arrow & draw as she comes clear & send an arrow right over her back. [:@] Sure looked to be 30 yards but when I stepped it off it was only about 22. She ducked a bit at the shot before springing off but I'm sure I held too high.
I hate when that happens.
Old 09-20-2004, 08:56 AM
Fork Horn

Sorry to hear that Leverdude. But, at least you got your bad shot out of the way on a doe, not a monster buck.
Old 09-21-2004, 08:12 AM

I don't know about you guys, but I have a good feeling about this weekend. I think we may have some luck this weekend. I don't know why but it's just one of those things you know.
Old 09-21-2004, 12:10 PM

Got a chance tgo get out on monday....did a little scouting sunday afternoon and found a nice ambush site over alot of dropping acorns... lots of sign around ...2 scrapes and a few rubs.... headed out well before dawn but was a little underdressed to sit much past 10 am was shivering too much to hold steady if any had presented a shot... all i saw was a few families of does stroll along the bottom i was in .. never in a good lane for a shot. But snuck back in to my stand around 4:30pm and was enjoying a nice cool day in stand (got a little too comfortable) when i hear something right behind my tree.... slowly turn around to see a nice little cowhorn the little bugger was drawn in by some vanilla i poured down as a little cover/curiosity scent to hide any scent i might leave around my tree... it worked great , the cowhorn stayed within 15 feet of my tree as he grazed on acorns and licked up the vanilla. 1 1/4 hours later i tried to work my camera out of my pack and think he spooked from the sound..... he never busted me up in the tree but i think the sound of the zipper spooked him a bit. he made a slow retreat down the slope and crossed the creek... i waited another 40 minutes before sneaking out just before dark. I am pretty siked up now by the size of the rubs there was no way this runt made them so gonna try it again a little closer to the rut and see if i can't intercept Poppa... got another hot spot picked for my next weeks hunt ...hopefully with luck i can put on on the boards for our team.
Old 09-21-2004, 01:00 PM

Keep at it guys. I will be with you in alittle over a week.
Old 09-22-2004, 12:31 PM

I just wanted to let you all know that as far as the restrictions go on the signature pic, I will take care of it and make sure it is legal size.
Old 09-22-2004, 03:06 PM

Our logo is so small now...
Old 09-23-2004, 08:23 AM

I am going to redo the logo. I will take the names off of it and make it more square so that we can have it bigger.

Quick Reply: Official Team "Backstrap Boys" (2) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.