Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow)
 Official "Lung Busters" (5) Thread >

Official "Lung Busters" (5) Thread

Community
Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Official "Lung Busters" (5) Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official "Lung Busters" (5) Thread

By the way, yes you can sharpen the Montec's on a flat stone. The easiest way I have found to do it is to get the stone that G5 offers. I have used the Lansky stones, I could get the job done with them but it was harder to do because of their narrow size.
Old 09-13-2004, 09:04 AM

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Antler Eater, and for seeing some of the tongue in cheek humor that I poorly got across on my infamous post. Maybe I should have used smiley's more.[][&o]

Anyway, if the rest of the team chimes in and feels the same way, I'll stay, but it'll have to be a team decision. If you all do vote for me to stay, just remember that I warned ya when the accusations begin fly

I'll also be laying low for a while, obviously. If you guys decide to keep me, I'll check in here every couple of weeks or so, but otherwise I believe I have used up all of my ill will on the boards for this year.[&o]
Old 09-13-2004, 12:13 PM

I think you need to stay. Don't worry about what anybody else says. Your part of the team. We're behind ya.
Old 09-13-2004, 12:41 PM

Thanks, Shadow Ace. You guys are really lifting my spirits. I've been pretty down today.
Old 09-13-2004, 06:01 PM
Typical Buck

As team captain, all I have to say is.............You are not going anywhere and are always welcome here! Honestly, I don't even know what your post said (haven't read it yet), but what I do know is that it takes a real man to admit his mistakes and apologize for them. Don't get down, we all make mistakes, you are welcomed here.
Old 09-13-2004, 06:26 PM
Fork Horn

by23865, Put it behind you and move on. We're behind you and enjoy your involvement in the team as well as the rest of the boards topics.

Now get out there and "BUST A LUNG"
Old 09-14-2004, 07:01 AM

OK, guys, I guess I'm staying. Thanks for the support.

Now on to business. My season opens tomorrow (Wednesday the 15th) and the weather is actually going to cooperate some here in the Omaha area. Highs of only 76 or 77, with some light rain throughout today and into tomorrow morning. I have to work, but I can walk 5 minutes out my front door and be in hunting position tomorrow night when I get home. I may ground hunt tomorrow in a stand of saplings with my ASAT on. You blend in really well in the saplings with ASAT.

Anyway, there is a trail that leads past these saplings from a bedding area that I have seen a couple of decent 8 pointers using almost every night before crossing our driveway just below our house. This is the same bedding area where I saw a monster buck (for me anyway) walk into last year and never saw again. I don't know if he's still around or not, but it sure would be nice to ambush him if he is. He's probably the only one I would take a shot at tomorrow, being the first day. There's a lot of different spots I have scouted out that I want to try this year, and I don't want my season to end too quickly. It'll have to be a real bruiser to shoot during September.

I also have a new set up on a friends property about 15 minutes away. It's on a woodland edge, in a series of small draws that come together to make a larger draw. It is fairly thick and rolling, and on the edge of a field. There are a few nice doe trails and paralleling buck trails crisscrossing through it. It looks like a perfect spot where a buck would feel safe sneaking through just before night fall. I found what I think will be a perfect tree to see the most real estate and still remain concealed in surrounding vegetation and branching. I'm really excited about trying this spot. I'll probably take my old Loggy Bayou climber and use it as a hanging treestand and get some screw in steps. I did some work on the side this past month and made some extra cash so that I can buy a new summit viper or cobra, so my loggy can be dedicated to this site. I'll hunt this spot for the first time this Saturday evening. I still need to get my reflector tacks in before I can find the tree on a morning hunt.

I'll check in on Thursday morning to let you know what I saw, or didn't see[&:]. Good Hunting this year, guys, and good luck. Hopefully the wind will always be in our faces and the bucks will be dumber than usual .
Old 09-14-2004, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a great strategy and it appears you have a good handle on things in your area.

Feel free to get us on the scoreboard with one of those brutes baby!

I am heading back to Colorado Friday in hopes of filling my elk tag. There is a possibility I won't get back until the 27th or so. My season won't start until Oct. 1 but I have never harvested a big buck until closer to the rut, so if things go as normal it will be a while before things "heat" up here.

In the mean time you guys will have to "take care of business"! [8D]
Old 09-14-2004, 09:05 AM

I still haven't been out yet. Just too hot. Maybe this weekend if the Ivan rain doesn't wash it out.
Old 09-14-2004, 12:27 PM

Well, I just went out at lunch and got a Viper Treestand. Gee, it always hurts to spend that kind of money, but from all the research I've done, it should be a good investment- as long as I put it in the right tree.

I guess that's what it all boils down to, doesn't it? All the fancy gear in the world don't mean squat if you don't do your part.

Quick Reply: Official "Lung Busters" (5) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.