Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow)
 Official "Lung Busters" (5) Thread >

Official "Lung Busters" (5) Thread

Community
Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Official "Lung Busters" (5) Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 06:56 PM

Default RE: Official "Lung Busters" (5) Thread

ORIGINAL: wear

Hi guys, looking for advice to quiet my bow. I posted this in the Technical forum, but would also like to hear any advice my fellow team members could give me.

LEACHES, WHISKERS, OR LIMB SAVERS???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've got a Mathews FX and want to quiet the bow during a shot. What would be the best and most reliable way of doing so?

I do have a Doinker stabilizer on it for shock dampening.

Thanks
Whiskers for string silencing and limbsavers. Uou might want to check your sight,rest and quiver to make sure that's not where the noise is coming from. A lot of the time it's the quiver that makes the most noise. Especially a Kwikee in my opinion.
Old 09-07-2004, 08:37 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

I agree with Shadow Ace on quieting a bow and what to look for.

I should have let Tyler be in the contest instead of me. He arrowed a good buck last night. I got to watch the whole thing which was icing on the cake. Really was proud of him on how he handled himself when it counted most at the shot. What a great night to say the least!! It was an 12 yard shot about 20 minutes before quitting time. Tyler was hunting on the ground in a natural blind. Buck was slightly quartering to and Tyler tuck the arrow in tight to his shoulder. It was a great shot as it took both lungs out!! Buck ran 90 yards.

Old 09-07-2004, 08:46 PM
Typical Buck

Wow! Congratulations to you and your son. Great deer! What a fantastic start to a bowhunting career! You must be one proud dad!
Old 09-07-2004, 09:01 PM
Spike

Outstanding! Please convey my congratulations to your son, Tyler. You have very good reason to celebrate and be thankful.
If this young man were in the contest, he'd be carrying his team and leading the contest by himself. It'll be interesting to see how some of the loudest contestants match up to this buck.
Old 09-08-2004, 04:33 AM

Wow!!! What a nice buck. Is this the big Eight pointer you've been watching this year? Tyler did a great job. Please tell him Congrats from all of us. You must be proud.
Old 09-08-2004, 07:16 AM

Nice buck!!! I think maybe you should get a shot of you standing behind the deer, you know, just in case you might need it!! Just kidding of course! Congrats again, you must be a very proud father.
Old 09-08-2004, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great Job!!!

Forget the contest for now, let's lift a toast to Tyler!

Congratulations to both of you. I was lucky enough to see my boy arrow his first deer too. It is something that still brings a smile to my face, and a moment I hope I never forget. I am so happy for both of you.

That is one fine buck! Did anyone put a tape on him? It is difficult to tell from a photograph (especially with the velvet still on) but he looks to go over the 100 inch mark to me. Quite an accomplishment for a 13 year old on the ground.

Okay Dad, now the heat is on you.
Old 09-08-2004, 03:26 PM
Fork Horn

Awesome deer!!!! I hope I can watch my boy do the same in a few years.. Pass on the congrats!!!
Old 09-08-2004, 07:19 PM
Typical Buck

TJF, is it possible to get us a score on that brute. I was guessing around 120. Great buck, congrats to Tyler again!
Old 09-08-2004, 08:18 PM

THATS FREAKING AWSOME !!!!!!

Quick Reply: Official "Lung Busters" (5) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.