Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow)
 Official Team "Whackem & Stackem" (14) Thread >

Official Team "Whackem & Stackem" (14) Thread

Community
Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Official Team "Whackem & Stackem" (14) Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 12:20 PM

Default Official Team "Whackem & Stackem" (14) Thread

Team 14
Zukidud
AR34EightPoint
Portable Ladder
Bowfanatic
Allseasonhunter7
Dsheally
Handles
JKlinger
adams
Mossy33oak

So this is us. I see some familiar name and some new ones as well. I'd like to welcomes everyone to the team and wish everyone the best of luck and to have a safe, productive season. If you care to please post where you are from or where you plan to hunt this fall. I'm from southern Maine and will be hunting Maine as well as NewHampshire this fall.
Old 08-23-2004, 12:26 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Team 14

Hello Adams,

Glad to be on your team, I would also like to wish everyone a safe and productive season. I hope to connect on a couple nice bucks this year. I am from southern Indiana and I will be hunting on 400 acres of my family private ground in southern Indiana and 300 acres of a business partners prime hunting ground in western Kentucky.

Let's hear from everyone on Team 14.
Old 08-24-2004, 01:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to be part of the team!!
I am form Tecumseh Michigan
Will be hunting 125 acre farm near clinton MI.
last year I pulled an 8 point out ot there and have pics. of a huge 11 pt. Seen him several times last year, but never close enough.

Never had a lot of luck in the corn but I will have to deal with it this year. Everything is corn for miles!!!!!

Good luck guys.

What is everyone shooting?
AR34 for me
Old 08-24-2004, 07:35 AM

I'm shooting a PSE Firestorm Lite this fall. AR. I hope you can catch up with that 11 pointer. We may need it I haven't see a shooter in my woods yet this year. I may have to glue my rattling antlers to the first doe I stick
Old 08-24-2004, 08:52 AM
Typical Buck

Man, I'm fired up for deer season, I hope I connect with a nice buck to help out the team, I also shoot a PSE Firestorm, it is 2 years old.
Old 08-24-2004, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys/gals.

I'm Handles from South-Central Wisconsin. I hunt here on my cousin's farm, about 800 acres, 1/2 woods. We've been doing QDM for the past 10 years, unfortuneately some of our neighbors have benefited from us passing up on the mid size (115-130) and a couple of really nice (150+) bucks. However a net 156 was taken off our farm (3 yr old) and two in the high 130's last year. I let over 17 different bucks walk past last year.
Due to CWD in our area we had "earn a buck" for the past two years (you must shoot a doe before getting your tag for a buck). I believe that this has forced our neighbors to hold off on the young bucks and take a doe, many of them once shooting the doe didn't go back into the woods. This should be a good season but with a 1yr old boy at home my hunting time may not be as free as other years. I do have two new stand locations based off of observations of deer travel last fall and this spring during turkey season.
Glad to be on the team, Good luck to everyone and most of all have a safe hunting season.
Old 08-24-2004, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh, since I re-read your posts, I shoot a mathews sq2, wisker biskit and pse eliminators with rockymountain snypers. Leica rangefinder.
Old 08-24-2004, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Fellas,
Glad to be on the same team with ya! I live and hunt in Maryland, I hope I can be beneficial to our team, even though MD isnt one of those "Big Buck" states all these guys brag about on here. I do however have a very nice place to hunt, and have been lucky enough to harvest back to back Pope n Young bucks in 2002 and 2003! I wouldnt count on a huge 150+ deer, but I think I can hold my own with a nice 120-130 class. Also I am going to Nova Scotia this year in mid Nov., who knows what I could possibly score up there!!! lol. Lets give some of these teams that think they are "stacked" a run for their money
Old 08-24-2004, 12:31 PM

WOW! we're looking stronger than I had originally though. My hats off to you mossy with B2B P&Y bucks. One is a feat in itself but B2B!

Handles, It sounds like you've got a great location as well. I can understand the limitations of having a child at home. My little guy will be two in October and I have a second due in November. It cuts into hunting time but it's well worth it.

Now that you all have me feeling like the "weakest link" I'm going to have to find me a good buck to arrow. I've got a couple of setups I think will produce, only time will tell.
Old 08-24-2004, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey everyone , strong lookin team!

I'm from Wisconsin and I hunt private land on 160 acres outside Hortonville Wi. I'm not in the CWD zone , but I am in a earn a buck unit. Hey handles , I think our team should get a 50" handicap right off the bat for having two hunters in EAB units.
Anyway , my biggest is 130 3/8" and theres at least two bigger ones caught on film out there this year.
Looks like I'll be whacking a couple doe opening weekend if given the opportunity!

I shoot a Mathews Icon and she's hitting anything I aim at out to 40 yards.
How about a team name?

Quick Reply: Official Team "Whackem & Stackem" (14) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.