Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow)
 Official Team "The Big 10 "   (10) Thread >

Official Team "The Big 10 " (10) Thread

Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Official Team "The Big 10 " (10) Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 12:06 PM
Fork Horn

Default Official Team "The Big 10 " (10) Thread

Everyone from team 10 should "check in" here to see whats going on and say where you hunt and what not...

I hunt in western wisconsin, jackson country to be specific, i believe it borders buffalo and trempaleau counties so it does hold some big deer, and hopefully i can get one...
Old 08-23-2004, 12:21 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Team 10

Lake and McHenry counties in IL, Grant County in SW Wisconsin.

There are for sure 2 monsters (160"+) running around my spots here in IL, but this is my first year at my place in WI so we'll see what it produces.
Old 08-23-2004, 03:17 PM
Fork Horn

hey guys i hunt in central Ohio. specifically Madison County. west of Columbus and all farm land, basically one big food plot. several bucks taken each year off the land i hunt and i am working on hunting a girls scout camp just to the east in Franklin County. over ran with deer and buts up too a Columbus metro park that the city of Columbus is supposed to open to bow hunting this year. again over ran with deer and it is on both sides of I70 and they realize someone is going to get killed with all those deer crossing the freeway. so wish me luck. i should kill a buck no problem at all. i just have to be patient this year. last year i was tired of missing opportunities and decided to take 2 doe during gun season for the meat. so this year is all head hunting. Know what I mean?

John
Old 08-23-2004, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dont BOTHER... Team 8 is THE TEAM.... hehe
Old 08-23-2004, 05:17 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Mathewsboy

Dont BOTHER... Team 8 is THE TEAM that's going to lose.... hehe
I couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 08-23-2004, 05:24 PM
Fork Horn

Hunting Illinois. I'll be hunting in Ogle County and some in LaSalle this year. I also hope to put some time in Will county. Already scouted once in Ogle and looks like a winner. I wish I could hang my stand here in my den in front of my computer until the opener Oct, 1st. Kind of a comfort thing.
Old 08-23-2004, 05:35 PM

Hey guys, I live and hunt in southern alberta. The deer population where i hunt is lookin good and there is a few big ones runnin around.
Old 08-23-2004, 09:06 PM
Fork Horn

Wow, some Illinois, Wisconsin, Ohio, and Alberta boys on this team. Sounds like we stand a real good chance of putting up some good numbers this year.

Now we just need a team name.
Old 08-23-2004, 10:07 PM
Typical Buck

Hey DavidChesney,
I forgot to tell you that I've never seen or heard of a deer in Ogle County.I wouldn't make that long drive if I were you stay in bed and I'll contact you if I see any.
Old 08-23-2004, 10:15 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah there definitly are some big ones where I hunt, but I've never taken one with a bow yet... Ive never gotten a buck with my bow, but this is the first year I get to bowhunt in Western Wisconsin, I used to hunt in an over pressured area that produced very few mature bucks, and I got to gun hunt in the better of the two spots-- this year I get to bow hunt and gun hunt on the better land so maybe I can help the team out....

I did kill my first buck up there last gun season, a 3 pointer with a 12" spread, when I shot him I thought he was at least 6, maybe 7... he looked bigger from a distance

Quick Reply: Official Team "The Big 10 " (10) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.