Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow)
 Official Team "ILNYPAKY-EH "!!!! (4) Thread >

Official Team "ILNYPAKY-EH "!!!! (4) Thread

Community
Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Official Team "ILNYPAKY-EH "!!!! (4) Thread

Old 09-03-2004, 10:16 PM

Default RE: Official "ILNYPAKY-EH "!!!! (4) Thread

Hey guys,

Sorry I havn't checked in in awhile, it has been a rough week. I have been having computer problems (my hard-drives were knocked out in a bad storm) and now I am having problems with my LAN. Wed. my dog passed away at the old age of 17 years old. I got her when I was 4, so I don't really remember a time without her. That night, I did have some fun though as I went to a Dierks Bentley concert (which rocked)

Now, what you all have been waiting for.... the deer update!!!!!!! Well, the big boy that I have been seeing is visiting my food plot! I noticed his tracks in the ground (which sink roughly 4" into the semi-wet dirt). What is bad is that I actually could track this deer through my yard. We havn't had a good rain for awhile, and yesterday I could see that he made his way across my back-yard. He left tracks roughly 3/4" deep into the ground!

Tommorow I will be planting two more food plots, both about 1/4 acre. These are going to be planted at my best-friends uncles farm. Right now, we have a half acre plot which is a mix of Imperial WhiteTail Extreme, Evolved Habitats ProGraze, and BioLogic Green Patch Plus. Tommorow, one 1/4 acre plot will be nothing but BioLogic Maximum and the other will be Buck Forage Oats! Along with that, there are over 100 acres of alfalfa, clover, and corn fields planted out there, along with alot of crab apple trees and white oaks in the woods! These deer are gonna be FAT!

I have been seeing more big bucks that I havn't seen before!

Well, I will try to keep checking in!
Old 09-03-2004, 10:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Buck Magnet... sorry to hear about your dog , it seems that they become another member of the family , and people often question how someone could be so upset over losing an animal .... but to me they are family not just an animal!!!

I havent seen many deer lately as i havent been looking , busy here too.....

Where did u find biologic maximum???? i cant find it around here , even at gander mtn!

GOOD LUCK KCISON!!!
Old 09-04-2004, 06:55 AM
Fork Horn

Double,
first how are things going as captain keep us updated ofn stuff that changes alright

second i got the maximum from bass proshop, i dunno if yoru close to one but i didnt find it either at gander mountain. i woudl try the extreme, when they say that stuff will sprout in harsh conditions they mean it. the stuff i got sprouted in a couple of days i never added any lime or anything to it. the stuff really is great, and it probabaly needs to be trimmed down a little. oh well. anyway i hope that you guys have good luck with the food plots.

an update this weekend im gonna hang the last stand on a spot where i think a couple big ones walk through to get to some water. lets get some updates here guys our group has been the quietest group the last week... lets hear it.

Hazcon7, you and i have to gettogether.. i just saw your bass pictures. bice bass. i have been catching alot of 5 and 6 pounders around here latley, i think they are getting ready for winter, but last year i cought a 9 pound 14 ounze largemouth and let him go, i want to get a fake mounting of him because it is A teh biggest large mouth that i have cought and b i hate killing fish older than me
Old 09-04-2004, 07:39 AM

Double,

I got it at the local Agway store! They carry most of the BioLogic, Whitetail Institute, and Evolved Habitats seed lines! Actually, I have to head out there a little later on to pick up 200# of 10-20-20 fertilizer and some seed!

You may want to try and look at the local seed shops.
Old 09-04-2004, 09:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck Kcsion. Get a bigun' so we can make this competition a little more interesting
Old 09-04-2004, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all of the back slapping and high fiving your team is doing!

No doubt you have a heavy hitting lineup.

Our poor little team #3 has a variety of states covered, and I don`t know if we will even kill a buck between us this season?

Missouri
Oklahoma
Kansas
Texas
Wisconsin
Iowa
PA..3 guys, 2 of them will hunt in Illinois this year. I will be there for 4 weeks.

Do we get any points for does? We might need them!!
Old 09-04-2004, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

well as for the competition , rob added 3 more teams for us to beat up on ....

KS opener was today , how did our men do???

Buck - i will have to cruise out to the agway around here and see aobut that seed , i will have to put a rush on it as i want it to sprout b4 season....
Old 09-04-2004, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glad u liked the bass. Illinois is known for big bucks not really big bass but I managed to find a few each year. I ended up catching this 7lb pictured below, a couple of 6lb, and a 4lb, plus 2 catfish that were over 25lbs - all in one day!!!

Man I hope kcison has a good hunt this weekend. Can't wait to hear from him.

Sorry to hear about you losing your dog bro. I know it sucks. I had to put a good hunting dog down last year.
Old 09-04-2004, 08:13 PM
Fork Horn

yup thats the one i was talking about... that IS a nice piece of Bass!
like i said we have to get together to go fishing before the season starts (bow hunting) i hear you guys have some nice waters down by you!

anyway has anyone heard from Kcison? did he get anything yet? mmmm velvet bucks.....
Old 09-04-2004, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welll fellas, it's great to be back in the woods again. As for the deer, saw several, two really nice bucks and for the 13 point....he was arrowed by my cousin at 7:50. He'll score 148-150ish. Great deer, still in velvet. I think the big 8 will go higher. So, a few more days left. I'll post a pic in the general forum, as soon as i get it uploaded.

Anyhow, I'll be there in the morning. I got the big eight patterned over the past two nights, going into another location, I just didn't think that there would be enough daylight where he was coming in, but I'm hitting it tomorrow and hoping.

Kelly

Quick Reply: Official Team "ILNYPAKY-EH "!!!! (4) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.