Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Quieting a TenPoint? >

Quieting a TenPoint?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Quieting a TenPoint?

Old 08-30-2020, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Quieting a TenPoint?

I recently purchased a TenPoint Titan M1. I really like it and it’s amazing how accurate it is. It does seem really loud, at least compared to my compound. Maybe all crossbows are like this? Are there ways to make it quieter?

Thanks, Rob
Old 08-31-2020, 06:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

not much you can do, there ALL loud, its all that heavy draw Lb's , coming to sudden stop
some x bows by design are quieter than others, this is why I always tell folk's to shoot em a bunch before buying one.

they sell some small things you can add on to TRY and help, but IMO< they don;'t really do much, and the added weight gain (even small at times) isn;t worth the costs!

good news is, in all honestly, most times deer never react to things in time, its more something we shooters notice than they do

I do also think if your shooting out of a blind, you notice the nice more as it gets trapped inside blind more than when shooting outside of one!

I would imagine shooting the heaviest arrow head you can can help in SOME noise too, if one wanted, just might have a slight faster drop as distance happens, but a easy to try deal and still have use of things

glue on limb dampers and likes, ??? again, never did much when I tested some with a sound meter yrs ago!

removing quivers and anything NOT needed seemed to help some too, and hand cranks, make sure there secured, even adding something ton help hold them works too pending there design!