Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

New hunter

Old 04-24-2020, 07:43 PM
Spike

Default New hunter

New to hunting, looking for a quality crossbow brand with good customer service.... was looking at the Excalibur matrix G340, does anyone specify have hat and has had it for awhile and can vouch for it? Also, I知 open to other suggestions. I hear to stay away from barnnet. I知 hearing Excalibur is good for ease of mechanics, recurve= less moving parts so I知 aware of that, I hear ten point is going brand for compounds, and other good brands in 2020. I know some brands no longer are around but places like bass pro which is where I will have to get my crossbow it痴 the closest place and still like an hour away.... but anyways they still sell Parker and stuff like that which is a brand from my understanding no longer is around and like Hoyt and stuff like that so I知 trying to steer clear of them brands of crossbows. I知 open to all suggestions. Oh, I Will be white tail deer hunting if that makes a difference just though I壇 put that in there. I知 also only 23 so I don稚 think the draw weight of a recurve will be a problem for awhile without a crank. Price range, trying to stay under 6 for the bow alone and they mostly come in package deals at bass pro so I will get a scope and all the basics prettt much included with the crossbow, but if I go cheaper I could get better optics from the jump but hunting season is still always away so it痴 not like if I got a more expensive one now I wouldn稚 be able to get better optics before hunting season. Side note, if I get the G340 package from bass pro, Imand I opt to change the scope in the future, are airgun scope brands any good or reliable? utg,Hawke etc....just aski because they are MILES cheaper then good crossbow scopes and way less pricey and they are shockproof waterproof all that good stuff eye relief. I知 just new to this and trying to make and informed purchase and get all the knowledge I can from people with experience. Thanks in advance for any help.