Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Ten Point Viper

Old 03-21-2020, 05:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ten Point Viper

I have had my Viper for a few days now and have shot it a bit. It is my first crossbow so on most points I have no base for any comparisons, but the trigger is good and the bow is accurate and powerful. The cocking and de-cocking features of this bow work as advertised, and they are simple and safe to use

In one instance during sighting in I accidently found out that it will blow an arrow through a pressure treated 2x4 at 20 yards. I would not recommend shooting through 2x4 lumber as it is seemingly tough on arrows. The scope is good for a "Made in China" product and should serve nicely.

The crossbow package came from Wyvern. He was easy to deal with and puts together a fair package. I got a bow from his first shipment of Vipers from Ten Point so I guess I am one of the first to receive a Viper.
Old 03-28-2020, 11:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

How often should I apply rail lube and bowstring fluid (or wax)? I bought the Scorpion Venom products but I am new to this and could use some advice.
Old 03-28-2020, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

apply every 6 to 8 shots....just a very light coating
Old 03-31-2020, 07:03 AM
Typical Buck

how well does it group ? & what is the fps ?
Old 03-31-2020, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

t.s - It is approximately 370 fps with a 450 grain Centerpunch arrow (including a 100 grain point) in both the promotional literature and also when shot through one of my chronographs. As for accuracy, frankly I am favorably impressed. When shot from a bench with bags at 40 yards I have to shoot at different dots on the target to keep from ruining arrows. I found that one out the hard way.

BHC - Thanks for the information on the rail lube.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:56 AM
Typical Buck

thanks big uncle good to know. right now i'' stick with my wricked ridge crossbow . but when i retire here shortly my end up with a nitro or a viper .again thanks
Old 04-09-2020, 06:13 AM
Spike

I just picked up a viper s400 yesterday, apply rail lube every 6 to 8 shots, I guess I have to order an accessory package, anything in particular I should order?
Old 04-09-2020, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tony P. - Keep firmly in mind that I know next-to-nothing about crossbows, but I bought a Blazer soft case, extra Center Punch arrows, Scorpion Venom rail lube and bowstring fluid, extra regular Alpha-nocks, and some lighted nocks. The nocks just slip into place and are only held by friction, so I lost one nock quickly. The nocks are easy to change into the lighted version with the purchase of translucent nocks (green, etc.) and the led/battery stick. I think it costs about $5 per arrow to convert to the lighted nock.
Old 04-10-2020, 01:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Tony P
I just picked up a viper s400 yesterday, apply rail lube every 6 to 8 shots, I guess I have to order an accessory package, anything in particular I should order?
One thing I'd recommend, if you don't have one already, is a sling. My sling makes hauling the bow in and out of the woods much easier. I've also found that wrapping up in the sling much as you would with a rifle, and leaning against the tree makes it easier to shoot the bow quite accurately offhand.
Old 04-10-2020, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Wingbone
One thing I'd recommend, if you don't have one already, is a sling. My sling makes hauling the bow in and out of the woods much easier. I've also found that wrapping up in the sling much as you would with a rifle, and leaning against the tree makes it easier to shoot the bow quite accurately offhand.
I did get the TenPoint neoprene sling. It would be a good sling for carrying the bow but I do not like neoprene slings for shooting. I am a rifle shooter and like a tight sling and find the neoprene slings a bit too stretchy for my taste. Neoprene is great for a carrying strap but mine will soon be replaced with a less comfortable but more stout sling.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.