Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Ground Blind ground cross bow holder >

Ground Blind ground cross bow holder

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Ground Blind ground cross bow holder

Old 09-28-2019, 01:45 PM
Typical Buck

Default Ground Blind ground cross bow holder

What are folks using to stand your crossbow on the ground in a ground blind., Getting ready to try a GB and wondering what is being used.
Old 09-28-2019, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

personally I always used a chair with arm rest and laid the bow across my knee's keeping it always sort of ready!
or when in box blinds as to soft skin blinds, I would again keep top of X bow(foot handle) on a window edge and rest on my knee's like

I am also sure if one wanted to, they could add a HI Bi pod to the bow, to have it just like a rifle one then, laying on ground near your side, a FAST adjustable one, might even be able to be used as a rest to steady things too, like a mono pod shooting stick, kick it to one side like a kickstand on a bike, (w=heel on bow) and should keep it in rather easy reach too!
just make sure dirt and stuff doesn't get in cam and string, a bring a small piece of carpet to lay cam on and that shoudl solve that real easy?
Old 09-28-2019, 05:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Two things:
if you brush it in real good the deer don't spot it near as easy.
I find a tripod is a real big help for precise shooting so I bought 3 of the low priced plastic fold up ones took them apart add some scrap metal and mad a fold up able adjustable tripod for a fraction of the price they ask for an equally good one in the store,
Old 09-29-2019, 04:50 PM
Typical Buck

Great info. Looking more for info on a CB rest to use until something appears. Like the arm rest info. Any other ideas for this.
Old 09-30-2019, 03:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

You can go to Lowes or a hardwear store and buy a heavy aluminum rod, and bend a U at one end wide enough to accept your crossbow. Then sharpen the other end with a file or grinding wheel so it will be able to be pushed into the ground easily. I made one for my shotgun when dove hunting, stick it into the ground next to your chair or seat so that your crossbow can lean on the stake with the butt stock on the ground putting the crossbow just high enough that you can drop your arm down and grab it. For the shotgun I wrapped tape around the U to protect the gun barrel, that wouldn't be necessary for a crossbow.
Old 09-30-2019, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

you can also use some rubber pipe insulation in the U, or on home made shooting sticks, it works better than just tape as it adds some padding and grip and deadens sounds too!
Old 10-03-2019, 06:58 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks Oldtimer for the info. Will give it a try out.
Old 10-18-2019, 03:07 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by vapahunter
What are folks using to stand your crossbow on the ground in a ground blind., Getting ready to try a GB and wondering what is being used.
Here is your best option: https://www.cabelas.com/product/Cald...2.uts?slotId=0
Another good choice: https://www.cabelas.com/product/BOGg...2.uts?slotId=0
Old 10-20-2019, 05:35 PM
Typical Buck

I am not looking for shooting stands but for someplace to set the CB while waiting for the game. But thank you any way.