Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Anyone know anything about Carbon Express cross bows? >

Anyone know anything about Carbon Express cross bows?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Anyone know anything about Carbon Express cross bows?

Old 12-19-2017, 01:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Anyone know anything about Carbon Express cross bows?

I am considering buying a crossbow for next deer season. Does anyone know anything about Carbon express crossbws? I just got my new Nachez catalog and they are having a sale on crossbows. I am looking at the Barnett Brotherhood and the Carbon Express. I know some folks with Barnett bows but I never heard of Carbon Express.
Old 12-20-2017, 08:27 AM
Super Moderator

I don't OT... The only thing I could suggest is to go to a big archery shop somewhere and see if you can put your hands on one... I will say this...

In Ohio at least.. I see allot of the older hortons on sale on the classified pages. Usually for around $150. These hortons were good bows, not as fast, light, and narrow as the new technology, but they killed deer just fine. If you're wanting to try crossbow hunting before throwing a lot of money into it I would look for one of these.

I doubt PA has as many used crossbows laying around as Ohio does though as the crossbow law is relatively new there.

A quick search on pennswoods classifieds shows several crossbows under $300.... And your local craigslist may have some as well.

sorry that I can't answer your original question.
-Jake
Old 12-20-2017, 09:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

Since no one with experience with the Carbon express brand responded I went to Lancaster Archery Supply this morning. They are a well known shop and actually a couple of years ago they had a girl in the Olympics. Any way, I asked about the carbon express and the Barnett and which one they would recommend. The employee said the Carbon express Pildriver 390 hands down. He said they sold the last one in the shop yesterday but he could call their warehouse, (they ship bows all over the country) and have one in by noon tomorrow. He said he would have it assembled and ready to shoot. I am going tomorrow to get my hands on it and make a decision. Thanks for responding.
Old 10-31-2019, 05:54 AM
Spike

Hey there Oldtimr.

I'm renewing my interest in archery season for whitetail in Michigan UP. Primary reason is to allow me more time in the woods.

This post about the CE Piledriver 390 cought my eye because I just bought one about a month ago and I've run about 50 shots through it in the back yard at 20 and 30 yards and I really like it. I had no trouble zeroing the scope and can get 5 shots inside 2 inches at 30 yards. To me, as an old man, that seems to be tight enough if I do my job in blind.

Any thoughts on yours? What bolts are you using? What broadheads?

BZimm
Old 10-31-2019, 08:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

Zimm, I responded to your PM.
Old 11-10-2019, 12:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Carbon Express, Centerpoint, PSE, etc .they all have their crossbows made by the same company, they are located either in China or South Korea, they are the world's largest crossbow manufacturer.
I have a Centerpoint 380 Tormentor, I did upgrade the scope to a Illuminated one SA550, and upgraded the quiver to a KWIKKEE. I have no issues or complaints, its fast and quiet
Old 11-10-2019, 06:45 AM
Typical Buck

I just picked up a Centerpoint Sniper yesterday. $225, how can I go wrong. The ratings on the internet were good to great on many sites. I shoot it today. Very excited.

Is a crossbow archery in your states? It is here in Wyoming.
Old 11-10-2019, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a Carbon Express Heritage on sale for $189 awhile back. Then I had a bout with cancer and chemo after so I have not shot it. It has a 200 lb. draw weight(305 fps) and I have to get enough strength back to do that. It is my first bow so I am not much of a judge. However, all the reviews that I could find before buying it were good, they said it was accurate and like a Excalibur for less money. Carbon Express is better known for their arrows I think. For a reasonable price it would get me into the deer woods to bow hunt with my sons was my thinking.