Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Scorpyd reverse xbows? >

Scorpyd reverse xbows?

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Scorpyd reverse xbows?

Old 09-28-2015, 09:29 AM
Typical Buck

Default Scorpyd reverse xbows?

I know they are very expensive and the dealer network is extremely small but being hand made in America I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and assuming (hoping?) their quality and craftsmanship is what I would expect of a high dollar, custom mfgr. Does anyone actually have any hands on experience with them? I know they are very expensive but if they truly shoot 420-440fps and the craftsmanship is there then I can justify spending the coin if they legitimately make 40-50yd shots feasible. (I have alot of plots and lanes that would really be nice to cover but my current bows are just to slow and loud for realistic kills at much over 35ish yards. Sure any xbow is easy to shoot on the range out to 50+yds but in the wild the deer are long gone by the time a bolt travels 50yds at 300fps after being fired from a loud xbow!)

Just curious!

Last edited by HatchieLuvr; 09-28-2015 at 09:32 AM.
Old 10-02-2015, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Holy moly 440 +/- fps. Man that is hauling! Not sure I could manage limbs coming at my face. Cannot imaging what might be the result of blowing one ! Certainly looks like an intriguing design.
Old 11-30-2015, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love the reverse bow design. I have the old Horton Vision 175. Never had any problems with it and it is going strong for many years. They are out of business now and that is a shame. Someone bought out their rights, but it is a new company and they don't honor the warrantees from the old company. The new company has ties to Ten Point and as with their product being very expensive, so is the new Horton company. What a shame!!!