Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
best/most cost effective combination crossbow target >

best/most cost effective combination crossbow target

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

best/most cost effective combination crossbow target

Old 02-17-2015, 05:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default best/most cost effective combination crossbow target

What are folks opinions on a good, yet affordable crossbow target that will take field points and broad heads? I was pointed toward the Rhinehart 18-1 or block but didn't really want to spend $130. Then was looking at a Rhinehart Woodland (~$90) but see they have gotten some poor reviews for arrow removal. Originally I had been looking at getting 2 Yellow Jacket targets (1 broadhead; 1 field point) - $125 or a Yellow Jacket BH and a Field Logic bag for field tips - $110, but like the idea of only one target. Any insight, advice, experience, assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:44 AM
Fork Horn

Since I do most of my shooting with field tips I use a SpyderWeb ST18XL Crossbow Target. I've shot well over 2500 arrows into it from several crossbows shooting up to 350+ FPS, and it is still working as good as new. I do not practice with broadheads so I bought an inexpensive block target for shooting broadheads into, three or so times just before going to hunt. It's holding up okay for what it cost.

Last edited by OneBear; 02-17-2015 at 11:48 AM.
Old 02-18-2015, 01:13 AM
Typical Buck

Not a target out there that is great for both field tips and BHeads. 98% of my shooting is with field tips so I bought a bag target for them and a cheap BHead target to verify POI.
Old 02-18-2015, 03:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

What cheap/inexpensive BH target did you guys get? Is it holding up ok?
I may go a different route seeing how my Yellow Jacket archery bag works on my xbow bolts - keep using that and get an inexpensive BH target(?????).
Old 02-18-2015, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Wayspr
Not a target out there that is great for both field tips and BHeads. 98% of my shooting is with field tips so I bought a bag target for them and a cheap BHead target to verify POI.
+1. My bag target is the Big Shot Ballistic 450X. Awesome. The BH target that has been best for me is the Rhinehart 18-1.
Old 02-18-2015, 05:05 PM
JW
Super Moderator

I use a Block for all my field points while practicing but also use Bednar Arrow puller as I have poor grip strength due to age and arthritis. Made that bolt removal possible for me.

I do have a cheap bag target to check broadheads.

JW
Old 02-19-2015, 03:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

So I saw some interesting videos while searching targets.
Anyone have experience with American Whitetail, Inc. targets (the Cube, the Cube Hybrid, King, Hybrid King, etc.) I was impressed with their videos and products. The Cube Hybrid looked like an awesome target but @ $130 for the target and another $60 for the insert, it's way out of my price range. The Cube and Hybrid King are a bit more reasonably priced. I see Sportsmen's Guide has several of their targets are good prices.
FYI - they also promoted a lube (Scorpion Venum) that will help with removing bolts/arrows from those hard to remove targets (non-layered foam types).

Last edited by doughboysigep; 02-19-2015 at 03:59 AM. Reason: more info
Old 02-19-2015, 05:03 AM
JW
Super Moderator

That lube (Scorpion venom) for what I understand was to lubricate your rail , not the bolt shaft. I have it and do use it.

JW
Old 02-19-2015, 05:15 AM
Fork Horn

The Spyder web crossbow target is by far the best, long lasting target for field tips. Out lasts everything else. For broadheads I use a "Block" target I got from Gander Mountain, inexpensive and works good As I only shoot broadheads into it once a year and only 8 or less shots it is doing good now on it's sixth year
Old 02-19-2015, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by JW
That lube (Scorpion venom) for what I understand was to lubricate your rail , not the bolt shaft. I have it and do use it.

JW
Scorpion Venom Arrow Release Fluid

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003WHLYKS/...I2IR5UVE2G4Y2L

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.