Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
specialized broadheads >

specialized broadheads

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

specialized broadheads

Old 10-09-2014, 05:35 PM
Spike

I shoot Grim Reaper X bow heads from my Ten Point. They fly great & perform even better. With that said, the performance is identical to the non x bow series that my brother shoots from his Hoyt.
Old 10-10-2014, 10:49 AM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Plain and simple NO__NO!
Old 10-10-2014, 03:15 PM
Spike

I am shooting 100 gr. Hypodermic 2 blade mechanical and have no problems. two shot so far and two deer in the freezer.
Old 10-13-2014, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not in my experience. I have used "regular" Muzzy, NAP Thunderheads and Montec G-5's in my corossbow set-ups with excellent results. All 125 gr. I currently use the G-5's .... but only because I have a bunch and they work great.
Old 10-19-2014, 12:14 PM
Spike

I think it's more of the min/max weight your crossbow is rated for. I shoot a Tenpoint Stealth XLT, WITH a 100 grain Wasp Jak mechanical. This is on a Luminok arrow. This set up total weight of arrow and broad head is 420 grains. I have good flight with this and it fits well into the weight profile for the bolt on the Stealth XLT.

I have tried both fixed and mechanical. I like the WASP JAK hammer for crossbow.

Good luck
Old 01-03-2015, 05:25 PM
Fork Horn

I think that the issue of standard BH or crossbow BH is dependent a good deal on the crossbow they'll be shot from.

I've seen this type question asked before, most say it does not matter........but....

I bought a couple packs of Spitfire standard 1 3/4 cut BHs. LOL! ! !.......they fly out of my Scorpyd 165 like ones you'd see on the Roadrunner & Wily Coyote toon....which means they'll fly off at strange angles the instant one or 2 of the blades deploy in flight........so not so good.

Went and bought some Spitfrire Max Crossbow BHs, problem solved, they stay closed in flight & are highly accurate. The crossbow ones are also 1 3/4" cut. They have a much stiffer spring to hold them closed though & are 125 gr. where as the standards were 100 gr. ones.

I'm pretty sure my Scorpyd isn't the only one this is true for. If you've a fast Xbow of 380 fps or higher, I'd suggest buying the crossbow BHs. If for no other reason than peace of mind.