Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Looking for a cross bow. >

Looking for a cross bow.

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Looking for a cross bow.

Old 08-18-2014, 04:54 PM
Typical Buck

Default Looking for a cross bow.

Not real serious yet but would like to get one soon. Just snooping around on craigslist and saw this one.

"I have a Horton Ultra Lite Express Team Realtree addition. It's extremely accurate, quiet and light weight. It comes with 6 new Easton Tenpoint carbon bolts, Rage expandable broadheads, limbsaver dampeners and a Allen soft case."

Asking price is $500.00. Somebody told me that Horton is out of or going out of business???? Anyone does anyone have one of these Ultra Lite express's. Curious if this is a decent price and if these are decent cross bows. This is the price range I was wanting to stay in.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:09 PM
Typical Buck

Did a little more reading and found out about Horton, confirmed what I had been told. I will not consider this crossbow unless the guy is willing to really drop down on his price, which I guess he isn't. Now on to research other crossbows in my price range.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Check CAMX. It's a HUNTING XBow ... plain and simple. Not a speed demon but plenty fast enough and deadly accurate.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:55 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks I will give them a look.
Old 08-19-2014, 05:47 PM
Spike

I have an Excalibur Ibex that I could sell you. PM me if you have any interest.
Old 08-20-2014, 07:26 AM
Typical Buck

At that price Wicked Ridge is hard to beat.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:42 AM
Fork Horn

Be careful not to get burned. You can get a new one much better than that Horton for 500. Wicked ridge is pretty good if you want a compound. If you want a recurve then Excalibur is usually the way to look. Ten point also makes a very good recurve though.
Old 08-21-2014, 06:07 AM
Typical Buck

Right now I have my eye on the Wicked Ridge Invader. I am going to go shoot a few models to see how they feel. They seem to have great reviews for the price.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bugflipper
Be careful not to get burned. You can get a new one much better than that Horton for 500. Wicked ridge is pretty good if you want a compound. If you want a recurve then Excalibur is usually the way to look. Ten point also makes a very good recurve though.
For a recurve I'd get a Kodabow.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:24 PM
Spike

Talking

Originally Posted by bugsNbows
For a recurve I'd get a Kodabow.

that is why my Excalibur is for sale.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.