Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

BEEs

Old 07-14-2014, 02:37 AM
Typical Buck

Default BEEs

I have a TenPoint Turbo XLT II. I've been shooting Pro Elite arrows with decent success but am looking for arrows that are more consistent from arrow to arrow. Out of a dozen, 8 fly great, 3 are ok, 1 is garbage. I keep hearing about the Black Eagle Executioners and custom arrows. A couple questions: Who out there is using BEEs and what kind of performance are you getting? Are you shooting customs or factory fletched?
Old 07-14-2014, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use (and love) CAMX Accuspine with LnL inserts.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:05 AM
Spike

Currently using Camx but am going to try out a dozen BEE's soon. Waiting on them to come in.
The CAMX are good but I want to change to a lighter arrow. They are slightly lighter and I have also changed to 100gr from 125gr. I have no problem with arrow penetration so I have decided to maximize speed and decrease arrow drop. My bow is quite fast at 385FPS so this is just me playing around. If I lose accuracy then I may change up to something else. Time will tell.
Old 07-15-2014, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

10-4, good luck!
Old 07-17-2014, 06:01 PM
Spike

I have tried the BEE's in .003 straightness along with Deer Crossing arrows with the same straightness rating. Both brands factory fletched. Either shoot better than I can at hunting distance - 45/50 yards. To my thinking, this is all I need. You can get spine indexed and custom fletched BEE's from Jerry at South Shore archery. I understand that they are great, and if I was shooting for money I would likely go that route. For the average guy like myself, I would just buy the non indexed arrows and take the chance that one or two mya not shoot quite as well as the rest. You can always try turning a different vane down to see if that helps an arrow group more with the rest.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:05 PM
Spike

I've got a 1/2 doz. of BEE's from Jerry at South Shore Archery spine indexed .001", He did an outstanding job on them. I can group arrows out to 40 yrds. within the size of a half dollar. That's as far as the range is set up.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:15 AM
Spike

What weight are the BEE's? I just got a stealth ss and wonder how it would like them? BEE's can it be ordered from Jerry at South Shore Archery? They have a website? How much do they run?
Old 08-10-2014, 12:50 AM
Fork Horn

I have black eagle zombie slayers. A little bit stronger than the executioners. All 12 fly true. Factory fletched. 4 of the 12 have been in deer, no idea which ones my practice arrows are my target arrows are my hunting arrows.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bravo2
What weight are the BEE's? I just got a stealth ss and wonder how it would like them? BEE's can it be ordered from Jerry at South Shore Archery? They have a website? How much do they run?
X2 on Jerry's. My dozen w/ 20" shafts, plastic inserts, 2" blazers, 92 gr inserts, and 100 gr points weigh 400 gr. There are no 'flyers' in the dozen, can't recall the cost, but service was excellent.
Old 08-11-2014, 12:54 PM
Spike

awshucks, Which did you order exactly from them?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.