Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
easton blood line >

easton blood line

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

easton blood line

Old 07-07-2014, 03:08 PM
Typical Buck

Default easton blood line

A buddy has barnett quad 400 and ask me if the easton blood line would be a suitable replacement for the factory arrows as long as there the same length and same nocks? I didnt know so thought I would ask here.
Now a question for me, Are they called arrows or bolts?
Old 07-08-2014, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, crossbow ARROWS are shorter and typically spined differently (FOC is more critical) than vertical bow arrows. That's not to say "regular" arrows cannot work though. Additionally, either flat or moon nocks are required so that in itself may be a limiting factor. I'd be careful... and check with the Barnett Tech folks for their input. If it were me, I'd say no but ...
Old 07-08-2014, 02:09 PM
Typical Buck

Yea I realize they are different. The bloodlines he is looking at are made for crossbows. I was asking if they were suitable replacements for the barnett headhunters that came with the bow (grains per inch, spine ect.) as to not void the warrenty or worse. The second part of the question was just for me. Are the projectiles for a crossbow known as bolts or arrows?
Old 07-09-2014, 08:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

10-4, now I get it. I would suspect those would be ok to use. I'd still check with Barnett to be sure about potential warranty issues. The old term "bolt", strictly speaking, referred to ultra short (6-8" on average) XBow projectiles. Today's XBows mostly use 20 or 22" projectiles that are now correctly called arrows rather than bolts.
Old 07-09-2014, 06:27 PM
Fork Horn

Grinder,
Used these arrows with my Stryker 380 and they did not work well 2 of the 6 I purchased would not shoot where the other 4 did so I went out and scrounged around to find enough Full metal jackets to hold me for a few years, my bow seems to like the beefier crossbow
arrows.
daddus
Old 07-10-2014, 05:16 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks! And sorry for the confusion, sometimes i dont get my thoughts across very well in words. Lol!