Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Barnett Recruit X-bow any good? >

Barnett Recruit X-bow any good?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Barnett Recruit X-bow any good?

Old 11-29-2013, 03:53 PM
Spike

Default Barnett Recruit X-bow any good?

I got the Excalibur Ibex crossbow this year and it shoots great my only complaint is it can be a bit bulky in the blind and my girlfriend struggles to hold it on target very long. She's new to hunting and I thought the Barnett Recruit would be easier for her to handle but I'm worried the x-bow is too cheap and won't perform as well as it needs to for hunting. If anyone has any personal insight or knows of an alternative crossbow for her it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-01-2013, 03:11 PM
Spike

Go for it they are great.I have had a jackal since 2010 and this year wondered about the recruit for my type hunting.I use treestands early and sometimes a hut with limited space.It is advertised more like a women's or kids starter bow because of the size and 130# rating so I was a little skeptical.Most of my setups are 30 yds and under so I gave it a whirl,2 deer later I won't go back to the jackal.Light ,narrow and pretty quiet compared to my present and previous crossbows.This is the second barnett I have had and I still have a horton 150 and sold a wicked ridge warrior.
Old 12-01-2013, 03:30 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by sbgrace
Go for it they are great.I have had a jackal since 2010 and this year wondered about the recruit for my type hunting.I use treestands early and sometimes a hut with limited space.It is advertised more like a women's or kids starter bow because of the size and 130# rating so I was a little skeptical.Most of my setups are 30 yds and under so I gave it a whirl,2 deer later I won't go back to the jackal.Light ,narrow and pretty quiet compared to my present and previous crossbows.This is the second barnett I have had and I still have a horton 150 and sold a wicked ridge warrior.
Did you use the red dot sight that came with it?
Old 12-01-2013, 03:41 PM
Spike

Kev some people complain about the dots that come with some companies packages but I have used them on all mine so far.The only one that was bad for me was a single dot on the horton,it worked but not on all settings.The recruit I bought from natchez shooters supply was 249.00 with 3 dot sight 3 arrow quiver and cocking rope included.The rear of the buttstock is adjustable but not alot.For crossbows in the 300 or less range you should check it out.