Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Rangefinder choice >

Rangefinder choice

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Rangefinder choice

Old 09-28-2013, 04:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default Rangefinder choice

Well I guess I have to do it, buy a rangefinder for my crossbow hunting.
I don't mind spending a buck but if someone has a product that has good bang for the buck, I would apprediate what you guys use and why.
Thanks,
daddus
Old 09-28-2013, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a bushnell 450...it does plenty well for ranging close bow targets..15-40yds...
Old 09-29-2013, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a pocket size Leupold. Has worked wekk for me.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:20 PM
Spike

Default Love these RF's

I bought a set of Simmons Lf600 range finders and they work great thus far. $99 from Amazon. $119 @ Walmart
Old 09-30-2013, 07:49 PM
Fork Horn

Nikon riflehunter 550...great rangefinder. as long as you get one with the angle compensation. that comes in handy believe it or not. the only thing I wish these rangefinders had (im sure some do) is a zoom..ive seen and used different ones before and most of them have a fixed vision on it. Sometimes being able to zoom in would come in handy. I know there are some rangefinders that are like crazy with all kinds of features and cost a hell of a lot of money. but yea I love my Nikon riflehunter.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:58 PM
Fork Horn

Bushnell 800

I bought mine for varmint hunting foremost, so I need the longer range this model offers. Has also done great work for me as a deer hunting tool, both for crossbow & 7mm mag. rifle.

And it did not cost a arm and a leg.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:32 AM
Typical Buck

ive got that chuck adams edition, one of my hunting mags said it was the best of the lower end rangers. Caught it on sale one year at cabelas and i like it alot. Any shot under 99 yards and the angle compensator automatically kicks in, nice feature
Old 10-09-2013, 05:36 PM
Spike

Nikon 550 - thought about the Archer version, but didn't see enough of a difference to fork over the extra $$$