Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Arrow flight not correct >

Arrow flight not correct

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Arrow flight not correct

Old 05-04-2013, 06:52 AM
Fork Horn

Default Arrow flight not correct

Hi guys,
I listed this on another forum but haven't got a lot of feedback.
Went to the indoor range and two of my six arrows ( Easton Blood Line) were not hitting correctly so I took them out of the mix and now I'm doing OK.
I have the opinion that these particular arrows are crap! and will probably change my arrows, any suggestions???
daddus

Stryker 380
Easton Blood Lines (but not for long)
125 gr Wasp Jak Hammers
Luminocks
Old 05-06-2013, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

A little more info would be good, such as aluminum or carbon, what fletching etc. Could just be a fletching problem.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Wilcam47
A little more info would be good, such as aluminum or carbon, what fletching etc. Could just be a fletching problem.
Rear nocks couple of them if'en moon style could be abit off, arrows not indexed. Several reasons why all yer arrows mynot be alike wid each other

Last edited by smokepolehall; 05-06-2013 at 09:42 AM.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:54 PM
Spike

Broadheads maybe bent too if you are using them while shooting.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:10 AM
Fork Horn

So do you guys think getting 12 arrows and seeing which ones shoot well and use them? Sort of like choosing varmit bullets by individual weight. Or am I being too "fine"? Not that I can shoot that good!
daddus
Old 05-14-2013, 02:00 PM
Fork Horn

You can buy some Accuspine arrows They are weight matched, spine marked and extremely consistent from arrow to arrow They are a bit pricey but will eliminate all problems except operator error!
The better the arrows you use the less issues you will have. If Accuspine arrows are out of your budget;Gold Tip Laser III's are excellent arrows and will not break your wallet
Old 05-15-2013, 11:54 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by OneBear
You can buy some Accuspine arrows They are weight matched, spine marked and extremely consistent from arrow to arrow They are a bit pricey but will eliminate all problems except operator error!
The better the arrows you use the less issues you will have. If Accuspine arrows are out of your budget;Gold Tip Laser III's are excellent arrows and will not break your wallet
Get some Black Eagle Executioners. Same shaft that is on the Accuspine at a much cheaper price.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:57 AM
Fork Horn

Guys,
Problem solved!
It seems I tried to go cheaper (big mistake) with the Easton Blood Lines
so I simply went back to my old Full Metal Jackets. Isn't it amazing how we are our own worst enemy sometimes?
Thanks for your input guys, you gave me info that I probably wouldn't have thought of.
daddus
Old 07-02-2013, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use GT Lazers II's with the 4" D-vanes, brass insert, alumium flat nocks. Can't beat the price and EVERY one of these I have bought worked flawlessly. I will shoot each arrow and mark the vanes when I find best c-vane. They have never failed me yet and cost 1/2 of what some other brands of less quality and looser tolerances. JMO

BTW - Shooting the Excal Vortex, seems to shoot well with the 4" vanes. Some of the 2" will work depending on vane height dimension / cb's rail depth. Some of the higher profile vanes will bottom out on some CB's, depending what you have.