Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

building a bow

Old 04-14-2013, 05:38 PM
Spike

Default building a bow

redoing a bow for my gradson out of parts to try and get him out of the house

Old 04-14-2013, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

luv it!. you have some craft!
Old 04-16-2013, 06:46 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Pretty cool Terry! You should bring that to Boofest! Is it all powder coated?
Old 04-16-2013, 01:49 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Dnk
Pretty cool Terry! You should bring that to Boofest! Is it all powder coated?
don i was going to have it anodized but they wanted $125 just to do the rail so i thought i would try to powder coat it myself. the little man sure likes it. i will bring it to boofest i dont think the little guy will come but we will show it off .i bought an excocet rail and carved tip limbs from danny miller. i cut 2" off the rail to make it a vixen. do you have any idea how i could acquire 2 of those plastic stickers that say excal for the rail i want excal on both sides . also did you get a package last week.or did canada post screw up
Old 04-16-2013, 05:25 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by munch123
don i was going to have it anodized but they wanted $125 just to do the rail so i thought i would try to powder coat it myself. the little man sure likes it. i will bring it to boofest i dont think the little guy will come but we will show it off .i bought an excocet rail and carved tip limbs from danny miller. i cut 2" off the rail to make it a vixen. do you have any idea how i could acquire 2 of those plastic stickers that say excal for the rail i want excal on both sides . also did you get a package last week.or did canada post screw up
So a flo green and black string? Should look good!
What do you use for an oven Terry?
Old 04-16-2013, 05:33 PM
Spike

don its not fancy but works for small stuff. there are a lot of plans on the internet to build bigger ovens out of the elements from a couple house stoves and i may one day .heres the oven and a picture of what i'm getting cut in a quiver mount for him