Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
First crossbox deer! >

First crossbox deer!

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

First crossbox deer!

Old 11-01-2012, 06:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default First crossbox deer!

Halloween deer,moon was wrong,wind was blowing,and there she was.Just proves you can't get them if you are not there.
I was very impressed with the power of my Darton crossbow.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:23 AM
Typical Buck

Good job now where is the picture?
Old 11-01-2012, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry didn't take one,I mean how many dead does do we need to see.She's in the freezer now and my wife is cooking back strap tomorrow!!!!!WOOOOT
Old 11-02-2012, 06:25 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats on the first Xbow kill. They sure are deadly! I took a big doe out yesterday myself. My friend shot a nice eleven pointer yesterday with his Xbow. I am ready to set the Xbow down and pick up the smoke pole this Sat.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Interesting you mention the moon. I hunted for 6 days starting Oct. 19. Big moon. I'd guess I saw 50 deer within range. A few nice does, many yearlings and a few decent bucks. Me and my buds clean missed 5, killed a nice 8 pt. and 2 nice does ... and passed on several yearlings. Probably together we saw well over 120. Most were feeding on acorns in the woods. Tons of feeding going on in daylight, even on the food plots.

One of the guys that I unt with just sent me photos off his trail cameras taken last week. His 7 cameras were out for about 10 days. All are on food plots. He had 6578 photos triggered by deer and turkey .... and one "unknown" critter. Looks like maybe a mink or could be a "smeared fox" ???

He culled the photos down to about 200. Who knows how many different deer that he has photos of .... 200-300 I'd guess. And possibly 100 different turkeys. Impossible to know for sure, but the cameras were separated by as much a 2-3 miles. across where we hunt. One shot has 22 deer in a 1/2 acre food plot Oct. 28 wearing out the purple top turnips that we planted in there along with the "mix" .... broad daylight at about 3:30 p.m. So they were out and about all week for sure ... full moom or not. Wind or no wind. And trust me late last week it was windy !!
Old 11-02-2012, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think after about five days of wind the deer said the heck with it and started feeding normally.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:39 PM
Spike

Congrats on your first crossbow deer!